forty-seven

"Wake up, sunshine," I grinned brightly at Colby's sleeping face.

He groaned, but peeked one eye open at me. "What?"

"What, what? It's your birthday, dumbass," I continued grinning.

He stayed silent for a couple seconds. "So?"

"So, we're doing something fun today!" I exclaimed and pulled on his arm, making him sit up. I smiled at his dumb, sleepy face, and admired how cute he looked. "Happy birthday, babe."

That made him smile back at me, his eyes crinkling up a little. "Thank you."

I leaned in for a quick kiss, before getting out of bed. "Come on, we have places to be."

"Well, where are we going?" he asked, looking at me as I went through my clothes.

"It's a surprise. Now get your ass out of bed and get dressed," I chuckled and nodded towards my bathroom.

He shrugged and did as told, and about 45 minutes later, we were seated in his car.

"So, you're giving me the address but you're not telling me where we're going?" he asked with one eyebrow raised, studying my face.

I groaned, placing the bag that was in my lap on the floor. "Listen, I know this would be much simpler if I had my drivers license, but I don't. Now please, just do as you're told."

He raised his hands in defense, that stupid amused smirk of his plastered across his face. I huffed at it on the outside, but on the inside I was doing backflips.

"So," I started, after a while of driving. "I never really noticed but yesterday it occurred to me, did you stop smoking?"

"Did I stop smoking?" he repeated, but more to himself. "Uh, yeah, I suppose. Maybe. I haven't really thought about it like that. I just didn't buy new ones after finishing my last pack."

I nodded, turning back to the scenery around us as it passed by. "It sure will make your flight easier," I chuckled.

He laughed as well, nodding in agreement. "Yeah, definitely."

With my smile still lingering on my face, we reached our destination. Colby raised his eyebrows as he looked at the sign, slamming the car door shut with a smirk on his face. "So, a waterpark, huh?"

"Absolutely," I grinned back at him.

"Just couldn't get enough of me in swim shorts, could you?"

I rolled my eyes. "Ha ha, caught me."

He threw his arm around my shoulders, still chuckling as he pulled me into his side. Together, we made our way over to the entrance.

Inside, we were immediately ingulfed in the thick warmth that usually comes with an indoor pool, the smell of chlorine all around. We made our way over to the person checking the tickets, showing him the ones I had ordered online and printed out.

He scanned the barcodes of both tickets, smiling up at us. "It's a day pass so you have until closing hours, which is at eight. Enjoy your day."

"Thank you," I smiled back at him, before he let us through. 

Colby and I looked around at the changing rooms. "Sure is busy here," he said from beside me.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"There's one empty over there, I'll wait until you're done, if you want," he proposed, and I had to chuckle at his words. "What?" he asked confused.

"I really thought you were gonna make some stupid remark about us having to go in together," I laughed, pulling on his arm until we were both in the cubicle.