5

JJ left and went to hang out with Pope. Kiara finally got home and told me they had been taken to the county jail and had been questioned. I changed into shorts and a t-shirt as I wanted to be comfier and didnt think I was going out anymore tonight other than to The Wreck which is where I am now. Kie and I have been helping my uncle out at the restaurant lately ever since the storm. We took a break and sat at a table. She seemed on edge ever since she got back, and not just because of the whole questioning. 

"Kie are you okay?"  I asked her. 

" Yeah im fine"  She said staring off into the distance. 

"You said it yourself that Pogues dont lie to eachother" 

"Mia" 

"Kie, I told you the truth, its your turn now" I looked at her. 

"When we were at the lighthouse John B kissed me" 

"Wait stop no way!"  I said getting excited.

"Mia no pogue on pogue macking"

"Come on, we all know you and John B have a thing for eachother, plus you would be cute together" 

"Now everything is awkward, like it was so random" She seemed like so many thoughts were running through her brain. 

"Did you like it?" I asked with a smirk. 

"A little" She smiled. 

"Did you tell him how you felt about it though?" 

"Yeah a little. I just want to be friends with him" 

"Understandable" 

"What about you and JJ?" 

"He told me he liked me a lot but I told him basically the same thing that it would be better for us to be friends" 

"Well I guess we are both in awkward situations"  She laughed and we both got back to work. 

Pope then came in telling us we had to go. John B and JJ were apparently waiting in the car and they needed us. I stood around waiting with Kie. She refused to go and Pope tried to get me to convince her but I refused. Honestly I agreed with her, we both needed a break from the boys and all that awkwardness. Pope left and all of the sudden John B came back in. He started to talk to her and she tried to walk away. Suddenly she kissed him on the cheek and they did their little handshake. Then we all decided to leave. I sat next to JJ and Kie and I just looked at eachother with the same expression. It was now dark out as we were still driving. 

"You mind if I just relax on this one?" JJ asked pulling out whatever he wanted to smoke now. 

"Its been a long day, and a lot of weird stuff's gone down. Im just gonna lay low. Oh, did you want a hit of this?"  He asked Pope. 

"I keep the signal clear"  Pope  replied turning him down. 

"Mia?" JJ asked me. 

"I would but Pope is right, we should keep the signal clear" I replied looking at him. 

"Look I know I was wrong about the lighthouse, all right. And wrong about everything else going on. But I was right about one thing. My dad is trying to tell me something" John B said pulling up to a cemetary. 

We all got out and Kie shot me a nervous look. I smiled trying to reassure her that we will be okay. JJ held my hand as I jumped out. It was still awkward being around him but it is what it is I guess. 

"Hey come on!"  John B said as Kie and I slowed up behind everyone. 

"We are coming. This place is scary" Kie replied.