8

I had spent the night on John Bs hamock hoping and praying JJ would come over but he never showed up. He had left his iconic long sleeve grey shirt so I took it taking off my dirty dress and pairing it with the shorts I had in my bag. I finally left deciding to walk home. 

"You good" I saw the window roll down and Rafe was there. 

"You really just like to follow me around huh" I said looking at him. 

"Actually im on my way home from somewhere, It seems like you are trying to get back home and you look like youre on the verge of dying"

"The last thing I want to do is be stuck in a car with you" I said looking at him. 

"Come on, trust me im not going to do anything. I care about you" He looked at me.

"You expect me to believe this"

"Im serious Mia, I dont want you to die on my watch. Its like a 5 minute drive tops and I have air conditioning"

"Fine but I swear if you do anything ill punch you in the throat" I said getting in the passenger seat. 

"Its been a long time since we have been together like this" He looked at me while we drove. 

"Yeah I guess so"

"So are you and JJ together?" He asked.

"Is that really any of your business" 

"Look im sorry about what happened you know ive been trying to tell you that since it happened" 

"You do realize that if you didnt take those drugs you wouldnt have done that" 

"I know I know and I hate it, I really wish it wouldnt have happened"

"Yeah me too" I said and we sat in silence for a little bit. 

"Do you think if that wouldnt have happened that we would still be together?" He asked. 

"As in dating?" 

"Yeah"

"I dont know, there was the possibility I mean we almost moved out and lived together"

"I remember that" He smiled. "We almost made it too" 

"We did" 

Rafe basically saved me a lot of the time. He would hop on planes all the time to come up to see me for months at a time and we would stay at a fancy hotel in downtown New York, it was my saving grace for so long. He waited for me for so long to be ready to date again. We would go on adventures and went out of the country for the first time with him. He was everything, but then one messed up mistake ruined it all. Sometimes I wonder if that wouldnt have happened where we would be. We almost moved to LA together, we had plans to the month after it all went down. 

"Well im sorry Mia, really sorry" He said pulling in the driveway. 

"Thanks for the ride Rafe" I got out closing the door not knowing what to think.

"Nice shirt" Kie said as I walked in. 

"Rafe drove me home" I said and she stopped and just looked at me. 

"Wait what" She looked at me. 

"I was basically dying on the side of the road and he drove by and offered me a ride" 

"Did he try to do anything again?" 

"No, he apologized a lot"

"Wow"