06.05.2020

Let me begin by apologizing for not posting yesterday's entry. I was planning to upload it on Wednesday 6th May, but I have been busy helping my family trim our pine trees in our backyard. They were way too big and were at risk of damaging the neighbouring houses if it were to ever fall down. Now it just looks like four big stumps of wood in my garden, though I can't say the same about the garden floor. I am actually super exhausted just thinking about cleaning the garden again. No matter how many times we clean it, it keeps getting messy, which has given me ideas about how to maintain my own garden in the future. I know what you are thinking, you are a young unmarried Sri Lankan girl and so the idea of moving out is so far fetched right now but doesn't mean I can't start thinking ahead, So just picture it, no soil, no grass, and no giant pine trees (don't get me wrong, they look amazing, especially when it snows, but they aren't practical.) Just good old concrete floor and perhaps some pot plants. Thus making everything more practical as there will be fewer bugs, quicker cleaning, and still some source of plants for oxygen!! Anyways, there is still a long time until that happens so I guess I am stuck with four huge pine trees for now.

This week wasn't very interesting once again but I did pick up some skills in the kitchen (as well as some injuries.)  We made a range of different foods including chocolate cake, curry, and wraps. Though the story of me obtaining the injury is quite humiliating if I do say so myself. It was also a very last minute one. So there I was in the kitchen, cutting up onions, celery, chili, mushroom without so much as a scratch. But then came the bell pepper...                                              It's not as though I haven't cut bell pepper before, I have done it many times for skewers. But this time, whilst I was trying to take the guts out of the pepper, I cut my finger. Damn, I haven't seen that much blood in a while-which is quite surprising for me because I was an accident-prone child. Perhaps I got too confident and obviously forgot about my inborn clumsiness. I think I lost a bit more blood than I thought because I started hearing ringing noises in my ear and felt quite woozy. But it's nothing a little water can't fix. This happened to me once when I missed a step at the train station and injured my foot causing it to swell up. My friend had to slap me back to reality but also water helped stop the ringing noises. That was the first day of camp as well and I thought we were going to be late. (Sigh* I am the absolute worst, how can I be so dumb! I feel sorry for putting my friend through that, though now I know how trustworthy/helpful she is and will be if any similar situations were to arise later in the future. Hopefully, nothing horrible happens to either of us. Please be safe!)

So anyways, I patched up the cut and also got out of dishwashing duty for the time being. It still hurts but nothing is as worse as the humiliation that followed. My family is the queen of overreacting, just because I cut my finger one time, I can never be trusted with a sharp knife. I mean how else am I going to improve my cooking if I have to cut everything with a freaking butter knife. AHH KARMA IS A BITCH!!!!! It's sorta my fault because I kept laughing at my sister for the accidental injuries she has been getting recently due to her clumsiness and now I have an injury of my own. I am so dumb!!!

After obtaining the injury, I told my friend because I have no life and all I do is report lil details like so. But then, that person was ultimately confused and worried about my safety as I had said something like 'I forgot how the pain feels.' My ambiguous statement can be interpreted in more ways than one, and some of them have...implications?! In short, my friend thought I was self-harming (which is something I would never do. If I am acting like this over one little cut, I don't know how I would be able to handle more. Unthinkable! Guys don't do it either!!! I know quarantine is depressing for us all, but it's too much. Don't be reckless because life is worth living!) They were perplexed at first but understood once I said that it was an accident. Texts are so misleading! The only other thing I did was stock up on my instant ramen supply which made me feel like I was naruto. That's all.

WARNING! It's too messy and we are still in the process of cleaning up the fallen trees.

garden with trees:

Garden without trees:

x4