seven

My happiness usually comes from helping other people; I don't want anyone to feel as sad as me.

∅ ∅ × × × ×

The sunny weather was enough to convince that last night's thunderstorm didn't happen, but Noah was definitely sure that all the emotions she felt that night were real and irrevocable.

When she looked at her phone, she saw that it was still early in the morning, but it was already bright enough outside. She changed to her workout clothes and grabbed some of her stuff before quietly stepping out of the house. She then put some music on and started to walk down the hill.

While Noah walked, she came across a guy on his bike, and she knew immediately that it was Brad. She walked towards him and slowed down when they were near each other, then Brad stopped his bike and got off.

"Noah? Why are you up so early?" Brad asked, then Noah shrugged her shoulders as she removed her earphones.

"I had the urge to have a morning jog. I probably won't be back until midday," Noah said, then Brad tilted his head slightly.

"Did something happen last night? Did you and Pops get into a fight?" Brad asked, then Noah shook her head.

"No. I just, you know, wanted to clear my head. Sometimes art isn't enough, and I can't have my cigarettes, so..." Noah said almost convincingly, then Brad nodded his head.

"Okay, then. Be back before midday, and if anything comes up, don't hesitate to give me a call," Brad said, then Noah nodded her head before they parted ways. She continued walking until she got to the bottom of the hill, then she started to jog around different neighborhoods, checking her progress and location on her phone to make sure that she won't get lost. When she saw that she was near a gym, she decided to go and do the rest of her workout there.

The workout was effective to keep her mind off of things, but only temporarily. Once she has showered and changed into a white sundress with floral patterns, she decided to have a look around the town to hopefully find a reason to love the place.

For starters, everyone seemed friendly. They all minded their own businesses and didn't stare at her from head to toe, unlike the people back at her home, especially after the news of her vandalism broke out. While she was walking along the local bakery, she saw a woman carrying supplies to the kitchen. A guy just in front of her gave her a hand, then she did the same when she approached them. She didn't leave them until all supplies were inside the kitchen.

"Thank you for your help, Connor, and..." the woman said to the guy who helped her out, then she turned to Noah with a confused face.

"I'm sorry, young lady, but I don't seem to know who you are," the baker said, then Noah smiled at her.

"I'm Noah, ma'am. I'm staying over at my grandfather's this summer," Noah said, then the baker smiled at her and shook her hand.

"I'll see you around then, Noah. You too, Connor," the baker said, then she went inside the bakery. Connor then turned to Noah and smiled at her.

"I have to get going now, so, guess I'll see you around, too, Noah?" Connor asked Noah, who gave him a nod and a smile.

"Sure," Noah said, then Connor went ahead. Noah then continued to walk to the town square, which was a wide park right in front of the town hall. People of various ages were roaming about and enjoying their summer, but one person was able to catch her attention.

Slowly, Noah quietly walked towards the teenager who was painting the biggest tree in the park. She watched as the teen mixed colors on her palette and delicately painted the green leaves of the tree. Noah then cleared her throat and smiled.