Part 18

"sir its ok I'm not hungry much"

"I have been noticing your not eating any food something wrong?"

"no" she replied..

"that's great" he turned to some one "hey you we need two plates here " he nodded and turned back to her. "we can eat together" he smiled. "Ok sure" she replied. He only said this so she would not feel nervous and eat. The plates came quite quickly and they both ate, once he saw Naira eating he got up and made some excuse. "I will just be back will get some water"she nodded, now enjoying the food.

"Preeti that sari.." said one woman

"you like it" she smiled to her sister who stood next to her.

"its ok but the one she is wearing, the girl on the table with Siya, that one is absolutely stunning. Preeti rolled her eyes. "Ketki actually she is.."

"Very pretty.. she married? Who is she? relative of yours or something like that?"

"why do you ask?" Said Preeti

"I think she would be great for my son, what age is she?" the woman admired her from afar.

"she's 23yrs and Ketki she's not my relative she is from a poor family.. she lives in a chawl , she is only Siya's babysitter she wouldn't even match your son's status.

"oh how disgusting, thanks for the warning Preeti, what was I thinking. She is very beautiful still but I won't be making that mistake" Preeti and Urmilla exchanged a look. They saw Kartik walking with 2 small plates.

"Kartik you know what just happened,Ketki asked for Naira's hand"

"what for that waste of space.!" Said Kartik

"yeah but the funny bit is she rejected once she found out she is from poor family" laughed Preeti.

"Siddarth is a drunken idiot, I bet she doesn't have a clue what he gets up to in those clubs. Snapped Kartik

"what..Kartik acting like you were so perfect, like you weren't at all like that in Harvard hmm?. Kartik shot her a 'don't' go there' look

"ok..listen your not seeing the point" explained Preeti

"what? About the deal again right.. Preeti sighed..

"it's a good idea, if you say then she will do it" she said trying to convince him.

"I'm not changing my mind about this, I'm not pushing Naira into arms of that pervert end of story!" He walked off.

"Ughhh damn you!" Preeti exclaimed

Naira was eating her rice and daal and almost finished. He sat down opposite her placing two small plates down

"Your food is getting cold" she said looking at his almost full plate.

"yeah I'm not very hungry.. but I bought some cake" he smiled.

"Here" he gave her the plate.

"its chocolate my favourite" she picked up the plate and took a spoonful "but first you have some here" she held the spoon to his mouth. He saw her hands adorn with magenta nail polish and her fingers holding the spoon, 'she has such lovely fingers,very elegant.' He looked up and saw her expression "have" she said bringing him out of his thoughts.

"sure" Kartik opened his mouth to take it in. "Mr Kartik" said a man. Naira turned and put the plate down. Kartik got up.

"Mr Shukla" he shook his hand.

"I'm leaving now I just wanted to talk to you about the contract, if you want we can make a deal now saves you coming to the office on tuesday" Naira smiled this was great news he is getting another contract which means a happier Kartik.