Part 28

Ok little Miss, lets go say hi to Naira, he said lifting Siya up and grabbing the baby car seat on his way out.

“Kartik where you taking her” said Preeti blocking his exit.

“none, of your business” he says dodging past her. “Its to see Naira isn’t it?” he stopped..

“I don’t think you should take her, you know hospital’s kids can catch all sorts of infections.. He chuckles.

“What’s so funny?”

“you just stop your drama, its too late to act like mother of the year” he ignored her closing the front door.

“Damn him, I will teach him a lesson believe me!

*
“Really that happened Hemant why are you quiet do share” she giggled.

“It embarrassing” Naira laughed hearing about his holiday trip, her friends were all in fits of laugher.

“That’s better, laughter is the best medicine” said Gauri.

“You know babes what happened to me last week” Naira turns to Ayush,

‘don’t call me babes we are not together anymore’  she wanted to say this! but not in front of everyone..

Kartik bounced along the corridors. “Chalo let’s see your Naira didi hmm?” he kissed the little infant on her baby soft head.  Kartik walked near the room, he heard laughter including Naira lovely voice, but seeing Ayush there was off putting, he didn’t know whether to leave or enter.. "ooh,, umma.." cooed Siya.

“shh my gudiya” he looked at Naira through the window., he should go in after all he bought Siya especially to see the patient.

‘Whatever I’m here to see her I don’t care for anyone else' Siya cooed some more.. Naira continued to laugh as she was she angled her face to the side,  and her attention went to the corner of the door.

“Siya! you bought her to see me?” she said sitting up somewhat, excited to see her. Kartik nodded walking passed all her friends and came near her bed. Upon seeing Naira Siya literally started to bounce in his arms, she reached her little arms out to Naira.

“Siya easy.., she’s not feeling well” he said pulling the infant back.. but Siya was adamant, she screamed..

“ It’s ok sir, give her here I’ll manage”

“If your sure” she nodded. Stretching her arms out she took Siya from him. “Hello my gudiya, did you miss me?” she touched her forehead to hers. Siya smiled drooling..

I misht you bacha, mwah!” she kissed her chubby cheek.. Siya started to jump in her lap.. “oh,oh ok, ok” laughed Naira, sitting her on her lap. Kartik looked at the two of them It was a beautiful sight.

“you know you have some nerve..

“excuse me?” said Kartik

“because of you I could’ve lost my Naira for good” Naira saw Ayush up from his seat, Kartik was silent.

“Ayush enough, I’m not your Naira anymore, we have been over for a long time.”

“but babe?”

“and don’t call me babe you have lost that right too.. now I want you to leave. She said

“Naira why you being harsh?” said Hemant

“Hemant? Me being harsh, sir shouldn’t have to hear this, Ayush you know he saved my life?” Ayush didn’t have any come back words

“guys all of us should leave right now, she’s tired..  the room became silent and they all shifted out of the ward..