Part 21

2 hours or so later Naira came down with Siya.

“Look who is awake” dadi turned and saw her  being carried down the stairs  she got up from the sofa and went to the two of them.

"Siya beta come here to your badi dadi” dadi smiled stretching her arms out to carry her  but Siya wouldn’t move she was stuck to Naira like glue.

“dekho beta look who has come to meet you” dadi made all attempts to hold her but every time she did Siya turned her head and cried for Naira.

“alle alle what's wrong baby?” she said dadi looked at the two of them what a sweet bond Naira has with her, she is so good with her, Kartik got up from the sofa.

“Naira bring her here and sit next to dadi so she gets familiar with her” Naira nodded and did just that. Her and dadi walked back to the sofa area and sat down with him on the opposite sofa facing them. Naira held the baby securely in her lap

“Siya has grown so much since the last time I was here”  she stroked the little ones cheek, she looked up at her badi dadi, and a smile appeared. 

“yeah she would..you only visit once a year on my birthday” the comment made Naira take note.

'Kartik’s birthday is coming up?' when is it? her mind reflected. 

“Dadi Siya like your bangle, here now she will play with you watch..” dadi smiled and took her and she was right her bangle on her wrist  did the magic Siya was engrossed in looking at the shine and attempted to chew on it.

“oh Siya your beautiful” she smiled and kissed her cheek. Naira was happy to see her bond with her badi dadi

“So your birthday is coming?” she asked him casually,  Kartik sipped his tea 

“Yah and dadi always makes a special appearance she is the best gift” he smiled.  

“that’s lovely, um is Preeti home I bought the sari back for her I didn’t see her so I left it in her room”

“yeah that should be fine, she’s not here gone shopping with her sister” he replied.

“now I need to get back to the office to do a quick conference excuse me ladies” he said leaving them to it.  

“beti your really good with her” said dadi.

“thank you that means a lot” Kartik walked ahead then realised he left Naira with his dadi? Oops he better rescue her before dadi tries to match make her with one of her friend’s sons or something.

“how long have you been working here?”

“a few months”  she replied. 

“and you like it, I mean my grandson doesn’t trouble you does he?” the question stuck in her head, trouble are you kidding me he is the perks of this job.

“no he is.. she smiled.

“dadi I just remembered something, sorry Naira don’t mind”

  “no it’s fine, I’ll take Siya in the garden for some fresh air.. dadi gave her Siya and Naira went leaving them both alone. “Kittuu what is urgent?”

“hmmm.. oh I.. I have… you seen my office I got it refurbished since the last time came co come and see” he said pulling her hand like a little kid.

“ok,ok beta I’m coming” she smiled and giggled at his enthusiasm, he became like a little child, Naira watched from the corner waiting for the garden door to be opened by Sargam, she notice the change in Kartik when he was around his dadi he was different extremely gentle and sweet, like a little child. She smiled to herself how sweet was this side of him. During the day Naira was busy with Siya only when she was about to leave to go home she saw Kartik and dadi again.