Chapter 1: The Thoughts

Hi, L here

 Quick Author's note before we get into the story. I just wanted to throw up a quick warning before we start the story. If you thought the mature tag was a little prank, it's not. Please read the description but if your too lazy here is my warning. If you are not comfortable with suicidal themes, abuse, or anything relating to eating disorders I strongly encourage you to leave the story at the moment. This story will be darker and deal with heavy issues such as self worth and anxiety and I want to throw out that warning for anyone who isn't comfortable with these themes. If your still here please enjoy the story!

🤍🤍🤍

Laurie's P.O.V

I stared at my hands. They were changed over the month of returning back to the kingdom. Every time I saw them I wanted to change them into something different... to have a different future. My left hand held my newer ring... the engagement ring. 

I sighed deeply looking at my right hand which held the ring Joel gave me. As well as my signet ring with the kingdoms sign. It had been a long month returning to the kingdom. 

I just wanted to forget everything that had ever happened. Though of course my mind wouldn't let me do that. I've been having these thoughts lately... about the Mountain of Illusions. I didn't know what it meant of course but I didn't have time for that... I was Princess of Axamedian. Heir to the throne and the Princess demon slayer. No one was going to stop me today.

I stared at myself in the mirror. For years I've trained myself to hate how I looked.

'The bags under your eyes. Your not skinny enough. You don't look like the princess. You don't look like your mother. Even your own family would be disappointed how you look...!'

My thoughts were always screaming in my head. I straightened my tiara and took a deep breath trying to convince myself I was in control. Not my inner thoughts. Not my father. Not my selfishness. Me. I was in control.

I walked out of my room almost fooling myself into believing I was in control.

Steadily keeping my head high I walked down the hallway. Tears could come later. Smiles could come never.

"Good morning Ms. Strange and Unusual. Would you like the royal guard to come help you on your Princess duties of sorting your tiaras in gem order?" I heard a familiar voice ring from my side.

I kept my head up walking forward wanting so badly to smile but I knew if my father were to come walking out he'd murder me. Revive me. Then murder me again. 

"That's Princess Strange and Unusual to you, Mathew." I said as I continued to walk down the hall keeping my gaze forward.

He caught up beside me walking alongside me with a stupid goofy grin. "Oh, so now I have the opportunity to refer to you as....Princess! Wow, better tell my mom, she'd be so proud of me." He said with his usual confidence.

I rolled my eyes continuing to walk forward. "You look awfully depressing today. Had a rough night...?" He asked not using his sarcastic or confident tone. Instead...He sounded like a real friend. Nice to know I still had some.

I looked at myself in a nearby mirror and as much as I hated to admit it. He was right. I looked like the daughter of Satan or something. Black dress. Black short hair. Grey-ish black tiara, and sad depressing eyes. I shook my head and continued walking forward. 

"Thank you Mathew, for your incredible observation...but I really must get to work..." I said as I basically ran down the hallways to get to the office. Ever so terrified that one of my father's friends would see me and tell him. The terrible punishment that would follow that, but I tried not to think about him. 

I rushed into the room sitting at the desk not caring that my posture was terrible and I was a little late.

"Alright Princess, we must get to work on these things...-" My lady in waiting was starting to blab on. She was one of the kindest things on the planet. But I wasn't interested in hearing what she had to say exactly

I looked down at my arms barely seeing a bruise that I hoped Mathew hasn't seen yet... He knew what happened though.

"-... And you still have to organize the execution for the mythical creatures.."

...That's right. I did have to do that. I stood up from my chair. "Is there anything that can't wait until tomorrow...?"

"Uh...N-No your highness." Amber said with a small squeak. I nodded my head. "Your free to go... I have... Something to do..." I said as I left the room not waiting for their response. I took a familiar path down the the sub level that wasn't for anyone except guards. 

I stood in front of the door that had two guards in front. "Sorry Miss, you can't enter... Kings orders.."

I was a little annoyed. I knew my father probably made them say that so I wouldn't get any ideas but it was alright, I knew I could change their mind.

"Well... as Princess, I strongly reccomend you open the door. No one hear outranks me at the moment so I do suggest you do it before I add two more...-" I started about to continue raising my voice before I heard someone behind me speak.

"Open the door. She has a right to whatever it is. Put it on my name." Mathew said. Sure, he could get his way because he was head of the guards. The guards hesitantly opened the door and let me walk in. 

I took one deep breath. Not ready at all for what was about to happen. But I had to talk to them. I had to see them. I had to make sure they were okay.

-...-

-...-

-...-

-...-

-...-

-...-

"Didn't expect a visit from you... Princess."

🤍🤍🤍

EYYYYYY

BOOK 2 IS OUT AND ABOUT GURLS AND GUYS-

I'M SO FRICCN' EXCITED AND HAVE SO MANY PLANS FOR THIS ONE-

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHSO EXCITED-

Anyway, Hope you enjoyed, and see you next time!