Chapter 7: The Awakening

Laurie's P.O.V

"Laurie!"

-...-

-...-

-...-

"L, Come on... Wake up...!" 

I opened my eyes to the vast blue sky. I sat up confused and felt my hands brushing against a bed of flowers. I looked around and saw my mother. Her dark red hair was a dead give away. I narrowed my eyes and saw my sister who was so young and so fragile with my mother who turned to me and smiled.

No angry marks lied on her face. No awful beatings that framed her body when we found her dead. I slowly rose to my feet and walked forward.

"Laurie...!" 

His voice. It was so familiar. I turned around and saw Joel standing there. His face showing a smile instead of a pained face or grim expression.

I felt myself moving forward and threw myself into his arms. I sobbed into his shirt, apologizing over and over again.

"Laurie... We have to go.." I heard him say softly. I looked up at him before I saw the clouds starting to come in. I turned my head around and saw 5 graves in the ground where I just saw my mother and my sister.

Instead of my family I was greeted by a guy sitting on top of the grave. His smile was sinister. His dark curly hair covered one of his eyes as he held a knife between his hands. His eyes were dark red and had x-marks that flashed at me.

"Welcome Home, Princess" I heard him say. I looked back and saw Joel gone. Instead stood more graves around me. The meadow. Once a beautiful field of flowers, were now dead. 

"Who are you...?" I asked softly walking forward.

"Oh Dear Girl, I'm the one who has the key to your future. The one who can help you with your little... Situation~" He said staring down at the knife a grin on his face.

"W-...Why would I believe you... I know what I need to do...! I myself have the key to my future...!" I shot out before I felt a vine grab my hand and pull me harshly to the ground.

"Please, My Dear. We don't have to make this difficult~" He said rolling his eyes before getting of the grave and walking towards me gently lifting up my chin.

"I-...I am not your Dear!" I screamed out, becoming angrier by the second.

"Well I guess you don't believe me..." He sighed before cutting the vine away. "Although, maybe you would like to listen if his life was on the line..." He said with a smirk.

I stepped back a bit confused. "W-What do you mean...? Who do you mean...?" I asked softly.

"Oh I don't mean anyone much I just mean, Him!" He said angrily before Joel appeared beside him dark vines and red ropes had him tangled up.

"J-Joel!" I yelled before running forward feeling something pull be back. I looked back and saw a girl with dark red hair and black strands covering her eye, holding me back with dark purple strings.

"G-Get off of me..!" I screamed trying to break free from the grasp of their magic.

"This can be so much simpler Crescent. All you gotta do is meet the Alchemist and The Princess... They'll lead you straight to me...~" He said pulling out a knife from his coat.

I sunk to the ground and saw Joel shaking his head rapidly at me as I looked at him.

"And If I don't...?"

I heard his laughter. Cruel, Sinister, Taunting. He shook his head. "Well then, you can say goodbye to those who are near and dear to your stupid little mortal life!" He yelled before stabbing the knife into Joel.

I heard his cries of pain and I tried to move forward only to felt a sharp pain on the side of my head. I fell over unable to move my body as Joel's cries of pain echoed through my head.

-...-

My eyes shot open immediately. I sat up in my bed breathing quite heavily as I tightly gripped my bed sheets. I sighed looking at the window. I got out of my bed and sighed softly. I thought about the dream that I had. I couldn't shake Joel's cries of pain from my head. The emptiness in the room didn't help either.

I knew I had to go back..

I walked to my closet pulling out a familiar outfit. The outfit I wore when I came back to the kingdom. I walked to my bed and keeled down pulling out my bow and my arrows. I pulled on my bag with a couple of things before grabbing a pin of my songbird that I loved. I sighed before walking to the balcony grabbing vines and climbing down. My feet touched the ground as I started to walk towards the barrier. I pulled up my hood as I entered the woods.

What a familiar walk this was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It seemed forever until I reached the entrance of the town. It was so destroyed. The buildings still stood. I walked forward my footprints getting lost into the snow soon after. I pulled down my hood and scarf and started to walk to the town hall before I passed a house. I walked towards the door running my fingers through the carving. I gently turned the knob to the house pushing the door open feeling chills go through my spine.

I sighed before walking in looking around. I ran my fingers though the dusty bookshelf. There was a door opened that was broken. Most likely from the guards. Curiosity got the best of me before I walked into the room. I saw an easel and painting propped up against the wall. I ran my fingers through a canvas of an unfinished painting and tried to imagine his brush painting it. 

"... I'm so sorry.." I said softly pressing my forehead against the canvas ever so gently before I heard footsteps behind me.

"... You're back... Is it to issue another attack on us...?" I heard a girls voice say.

I didn't recognize the voice. I turned around and saw a girl with bright blond hair pulled back in a pony tail. Though I didn't recognize her voice, I knew her though.

I felt my shoulders droop low and tears fill my eyes.

"...V-Violet...?"

🤍🤍🤍

HELLU! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING THIS CHAPTER, I WANTED TO UPDATE AGAIN, CUZ I WAS SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THIS REVEAL AND LIKE, JUST YEH-

nOTHING REALLY MUCH JUST WANTED TO UPDATE-

After this we're going back to 1 update a week. Or at least I'll try to do that-

I'm sorry I'm just super excited for up coming chapters in this book and the next book. So yeh yeh-