Chapter 13: Requiem

Yes the song and title are intentional-

Laurie's P.O.V

I had forgotten how many days it's been sense my father died. We were trapped in my bedroom too tired to try to keep count of the days... When we all fell asleep we were greeted with food and water. I rested my head against Joel's chest.

Nobody dared to break the silence and speak. Nobody dared to ask questions or try to make amends. No one even bothered to get up or try to escape. We all just sat sadly in my room awaiting our deaths.

I sighed a bit rubbing my hands against the smooth fabric of my dress. I jumped up a bit when I heard a knock on the door. The door slowly opened and I saw a handful of maids walk in with clothes and I felt someone grab my forearm. I let myself be dragged away before I sighed a bit.

I walked down the hallways of the palace looking around at all the guards.

~Time skip brought to you by Connor Finished the milk~

I stared at myself in the mirror. It was almost amazing how my maids made me look so put together when truly I was a wreak. A dark black dress that was long-sleeved and had a higher neckline. My dark hair wrapped up in a tight braided bun and a small tiara that I almost threw off my head.

I was grateful for the long sleeves and tried to recite what I knew.

'You are Princess Laurie Fawn Lunetta... Your mother is dead... Your brother is dead... You killed your father.. Your friends are okay... You... are okay...'

I slowly tore myself away from the mirror and walked towards the grand hall where I saw a familiar face. My face slowly broke into a smile where I ran forward and wrapped my arms tightly around him.

"Your Highness..."

"Shut up..." I mumbled softly.

For so long I didn't have a family. I had one right now with my Uncle and aunt.

Immediately my aunt cupped my face examining me. "How was the week? You look like ass! What's wrong...!" She said

I shook my head. "Just... thinking I guess.." I said with a shrug.

"Rest up a little... you know what's going to happen today.." My uncle said softly.

I nodded softly before waiting outside in the hallway staring at a picture of my family... So happy... except my father..

"Why should I play this game of pretend...?" I sang softly running my hand across the picture.

"Remembering through a secondhand sorrow? Such a great son and wonderful friend....Oh, don't the tears just pour...!" I sang raising my voice as I walked through the empty halls..

"I could curl up and hide in my room...There in my bed, still sobbing tomorrow...I could give in to all of the gloom....But tell me, tell me what for...! Why should I have a heavy heart?Why should I start to break in pieces? Why should I go and fall apart for you?" I said louder as If I was talking to the walls.

Forgive me for not mourning the loss of my father, but that bastard got what he deserved... I will not weep... I will not remember whatever good things he did..

He doesn't deserve anything. He deserved everything that came his way.

"Why should I play the grieving girl and lie...'Saying that I miss you'....And that my world has gone dark without your light?...I will sing no requiem tonight!!" I yelled at another picture of my parents harshly hitting my hand against the wall feeling the tears pour down my face.