Chapter 15: The Day

-A couple months Later-

Laurie's P.O.V

I was so nervous. I wasn't ready for this... Well I mean I was, but... I mean I was so scared.

I paced around. Today was supposed to be the happiest day of my life..

I played with the fabric off my dress. So smooth and silky. It was a poofy white dress as the white faded into a greyish purple.

I continued pacing around before I felt someone grab me.

"Girl, stop pacing..! You got nothing to worry about..!" Iv said as she slightly shook my shoulders.

"Iv... It's just hard alright.. I'm so nervous...! What if I mispronounce his name.. or trip as I walk..!" 

I felt Iv envelope me in a hug. "Nothing could mess today up L.." She said softly.

I took a deep breath before tugging on the ends of my hair.

"Laurie...! You'll mess up your hair...!" Alyse cried out before running towards me taking of my crown and pulling my hair out of my braided bun.

"Well now it's messed up.." I said in a deadpan voice.

It seemed that made everyone erupt in a sea of giggles.

I saw in the mirror Alyse swiftly redoing my hair in a tight braided bun leaving a few strands out and placing my crown on my head.

I sighed deeply. Looking at my hand and it slightly shaking.

"Oh my god, Iva help me calm her down..!" Violet cried out tightly holding my shaking hand.

"Laurie don't worry, I'm sure Joel will show up!" Iv teased a bit before poking my cheek.

I pushed her away. "Shut up Iv, just you all need to get out there the wedding will start soon-" I said standing up and pushing them out the door as I tried to collect my thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joel's P.O.V

I stood nervously at the alter, Fiddling with the end of my suit wanting to nervously pace around.

"Boo!" 

I flinched a bit as I almost fell forward but saw Iv standing there with a bright smile and dark red dress.

"H...-Hey Iv.." I said focusing my gaze on the doors.

"So... How you holding up..?" She asked.

"Me...? Oh good, great actually doing fine.."

"Your a liar.." Iv said before rolling her eyes. I started to shake my head but she simply put her hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry Joel... I'm 89% sure she won't just bail and run to the forest-"

I quickly swatted Iv away. "Gee, thanks for making me feel better!" I hissed softly before laughing.

She punched my arm before walking back over to sit with Noah.

Even if her comfort wasn't ideal, it was still nice to have it. I took a deep breath and tried to comfort myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Laurie's P.O.V

I stood in front of the door fixing my veil once more as if I could try to seem as put together.