~The Talent Show~

Laura POV

{Wednesday ; 6:00 p.m.}

|May 30th: Talent Show|

So school was actually good for the past two days. We got out reports cards and I have 4 A's and 4 B's. I'm so proud of myself. And my dad leaves tomorrow afternoon. I really don't want him to leave though. So once I get back from the Talent Show, I'll make sure to report Marissa's foster parents'.

I looked into my walk-in closet. My dresses to the right, shirts on the upper left rod, and jeans on the bottom left rod. My shoes were at the bottom on racks. I turned to the right and grabbed a white dress. It came to my knees and was strapless. There were little flowers designed into it. I grabbed my white wedges with straps and undergarment- which is in a little basket. I placed out on my bed and went and turned on my shower. I got undressed and pulled my purple shower curtain back. I washed my hair a new product call Do-Grow and used my Dove soap.

****

I got out the shower and put a towel around me. I walked out my bathroom and into my room to find Marissa.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked her. While walking towards the bed.

"Well I wanted to see if you were ready. But I guess you're not. So I'll meet you at the Talent Show. But first off, where is it being held?" She stood up and walked to the door.

"Its at Burriel Park on Barriel Street." She gave me a nod and left out the room. I feel butterflies coming. Oh my gosh! I'm so nervous! What will people think of my voice? Will I get mean mugged?

"Okay! Don't get nervous. You're asking yourself the wrong questions." I told myself. I dropped my towel and put on my black laced undergarment. More of lingerie. It was a one piece. I pulled my dress over me and looked at myself in my body mirror. Wow. I am lost for words. All I need to do now is my hair and make-up.

I walked into my bathroom and pulled out my flat irons. I parted my bang and put a rubber band around it. I pulled out my jam product and my purple brush. I put jam on the the edges of my hair and put it in a pony tail. I flat ironed my bang and then the ponytail. I put on my foundation, black eye liner, brown eye shadow, black mascara, and brown lip gloss. I grabbed some white earrings and put them on. I walked to my dresser and grabbed my baby lotion. I put lotion on my arms and legs then put on my dove deodorant. I walked to my bed and put on my white wedges.

I then walked to the mirror and gave my self and overview. When I walked downstairs, everyone eyes wondered to me.

"Hey everyone! How do I look?" I asked walking up to Roc.

"You-you-you l-look a-a-amazing!" He managed to get out. He had a huge smile spread across his face. It only made butterflies come back and I felt like I was going on a date.

"Thanks and you look wonderful,too!" I replied. He had on a black polo shirt and some light jeans with some Jordan's. He was actually swagged out. Then I turned to Marissa.

"I thought you said you guys were going to meet us." I looked at Prod and then back at her.

"Roc begged us to stay." She gave me a warm smile.

"Well! What are we waiting for? Lets The Good Times Roll!" We walked out and got into two cars. I wonder where Jessica could be.

*****Barriel Park*****

Once we got to the park, it looked as if a circus was in town. I guess it was just in case the weather might change. Everyone except Roc and I, left and took seats in the front row as we walked into the huge tent. It was all blue. Seats were in front of the stage; about ten rows of chairs and two columns.

Roc and I walked backstage and they had a booth for us to get ready. We were suppose to go second, I'm not sure who goes first.

"Oh my gosh! I see Drake!" I whisper-yelled to Roc. He looked over where I was looking. Tonight, I'm getting his number. I got up and walked over there to where he was.

"Well hey cutie! What's your name?" Oh my! He is so handsome and he called me cutie!!!!!!

"Hey. My name is Laura. And you don't even have to say your name. Because I know who you are." I said it seductively.

"Alright, slow it down little one." He replied.

"I'm 18." I gave him my brightest smile. He gave me a kiss on the forehead, then my cheek, and last my neck. Oh! His kisses felt good. I could just melt right here into his arms.

"Talk to me after the show." He winked at me, grabbed a microphone and went onto the stage. The crowd started roaring and he introduced himself.

"As you all know me, I am Drake." He started off. "And our first contestant is Jessica Mallen!" He walked off stage smiling at me before going into a room.

"Oh my gosh! Jessica is performing. I can't believe it!" Roc nodded his head and Jessica came walking past us in a light blue dress that went to her ankles; light blue flats and black earrings; hair down in curls. Wow. She looks pretty. No homo. And she doesn't even have on make-up. She smiled and waved at us as she went on stage. She started singing Listen by Beyonce. Her voice is pretty strong yet sweet and amazing. I don't see why she hasn't been discovered yet. I see what she means.

"She amazing!" Roc said. Those are the first two words he has said since we've gotten here. I think he's nervous.

"I know, right?" I looked at him and back at her.

"Right!" He smiled and came towards me and gave me a hug.

"Are you nervous?" I looked him in his eyes.

"A little." mumbled.

"What? You can't be nervous because then I'm going to be nervous and that's not a good mixture put together." I stood up.

Before I knew it, Drake was on the stage announcing us to come on. I walked onto the stage and I saw a lot of shocked faces and angry ones, too. The the music started.

********

We were all lined up. Ten contestants. I recognized about three people from my school. One girl was a contortionist, there were two dance groups, and the last five were singers.

Drake came out."Okay! So lets get down to business! Drum roll please!" I heard drums from behind me. Then I noticed the judging table on the other side of the stage. How clever. I didn't notice them at first. "In third place! Hanna the Contortionist!" Someone brought out a small trophy and an envelope. "In second place! Roc and Laura!" Omg! I got second place! That's great! The same person came back out but with a medium size trophy. Like up to my knee size trophy. And an envelope. "For first place! Jessica Mallen!" She jumped up and down screaming. They gave her a huge trophy and another envelope. I wonder what's in here.