Part 7

"Mishtiiii dinner time..." Abir entered her room excited, to see her standing by the window, fixing her eyes at some unknown direction.
"Mish..Mishti? Are you.." his voice trembled as he noticed his advancement didn't effect her. He moved to position himself beside her.
As he forwarded his hand to caress hers, her eyes met his... teary red swollen eyes...

"Mi..Mishtiiii wha..what happened..kya hua hai Mishti?!" his voice expressed the concern...deep concern. This part of Mishti he was not not expecting to see now...specially in this condition but...

His eyes now feel on her other hand which held that very teddy bear which he gifted earlier that day. Trying to understand the situation he moved his eyes again, to meet hers... her eyes shining bright as the moonlight touched her tears.

This...this silence was so very similar to that day when...

"Mishti?" he called her out, again.
"Pata hai friend, meri aakhon ke saamne na ku..kuch hua" she started in a low voice.
"Kya..kya hua Mishti?" he was afraid. "Pata nahi but ye teddy bear dekhke kuch hua and mai jab window side aayi aur ye teddy bear ko moonlight me dekha toh..toh na mujhe kuch kuch dikhaa...." Mishti's voice now explained restlessness.
Abir's heart started thumping loud! Did..did she remember that this was the teddy he gave her previously and she returned it to him? Bu..but how can she remember all of that?!
Controlling himself he started, "Mishti tumne clearly dekha? Kuch yaad hai tumhe? Kya tha kaun tha kuch bhi?"

Mishti nodded to a no.
Huhh of course how could she remember! Abir you are a stupid! Itni jaldi hope kaise kar liya!

"Friend, mujhe na bohut ajeeb sa lag raha hai ....mai..mai" She was restless..she tightened her grip on his hand. Controlling his emotions, Abir tried to comfort her, "Okay okay Mishti relax okay...tumne bohut der tak khana nahi khaya na isiliye aisa hua. Chalo ab kha lo aur meds bhi phir dekhna sab thik ho jayega..okay?"
Though not convinced, she agreed to do whatever her friend instructed.

Making her sit on the bed, he started feeding her.

"Come on open your mouth" He felt a little different when he felt her eyes fixed on him. "Mishti, do you want to say something? Kuch kehna chahti ho kya? Tum..tum mujhe keh sakti ho..."

Still noticing her a bit uneasy, he assured, "Mishti, I am your friend right?"
"I..mujhe lagaa jaise maine..."
"Jaise tumne?"
"Mujhe neend aa rahi hai friend..." Deciding not to force her, he gave her the medicine. Caressing her hair for a minute or two he left the room as she fell asleep.
He turned to see her already fallen asleep.
"I promise Mishti, zyada din tak tumhe ye sab face nahi karna padhega and Congratulations to you...aaj pehli baar tumne respond properly... Its..its working..."

He found his way to her treatment...

The next morning was very important for him. He was freshening himself up when his phone rang...

"Hello...
Thank you so much...
Yeah I'll be there on time"

Yeah, he hoped he will not return back home empty handed...not today.

Getting himself ready, he advanced towards Mishti's room. He was about to enter when he saw her having breakfast.
"Bhai...andar aao na bahar kyun.." Ketu stopped as Abir gestured her to be silent. She came out of the room to talk to him.

"Bhh...bhai aap andar nahi aa rahe?"
"Nahi Ketu, I have some important work and agar mai andar gaya to jaldi nahi aa paunga bahar so.."

Ketu nodded...she knew it was true.

"Ketu, Mishti kaisi hai? Umm I mean behave kaisi kar rahi wo?"
"Ummm bhai she is behaving a bit different you know...matlab pehle bohut ziddi thi aur bachpana bhi zyada tha but aaj bilkul zidd nahi kar rahi and haa thodi baat kam bhi kar rahi..."

Abir trying to look at her from outside the door.
"She was asking about you...dhoond rahi thi aapko...but surprisingly aaj zid nahi ki!"
Getting no response from Abir, she looked at him.
"Bhai, sab thik hai na? I mean kal raat kuch hua kya?"
"Ummm nahi Ketu, everything is fine. Tu Mishti ka dhyaan rakhna haa" he left taking a look one more time at her.

He knew, whatever he was going to face today was not easy at all...

"Partner, I need you today...please"
he uttered while crossing the gate and he drove off his car.

His car stopped just in front of a gate... gate of a house...

Yes, it was...THE AGGARWAL HOUSE...

AUTHOR'S NOTE: The secrets are going to come out in next few chapters so stay connected.