Part 17

"Mishtiiii..please open the door! Mishtiii.."
Abir kept knocking on the door and could only hear a low voice inside...
"No...no.."

After several minutes of trying, he finally got tired.
"Mishti" he started, "Mere liye bhi nhi khologi? Please?"
And silence...

The door opened...slowly.
"Mi..Mishtiii tum..tum thik ho na! Kya hua haan? Aise koi karta hai kya haan?!... Pata hai I got so scared!!" Abir now said cupping her face.

"Mai wo...pata nhi but bohut headache ho raha hai and ek..ek strange feeling ho rahi thi I... I'm so..rry.. I didn't mean to hurt you..I.."
Mishti was now a bit guilty..She tried to comfort herself as well as him by staying close...hugging him...digging her face in his chest.
Yes, even in worst condition, she can not hurt Abir...never!

Caressing her head Abir consoled her.. "Umm it's..it's okay Mishtiii...you can never hurt me...it's okay...just mujhe aise stress mat diya karo..hmm? I care for you naa.."
"Pakka wala promise!" She hugged him tight!
"Mishti?"
"Hmm?"
"Aur ek baat...the person who has just entered in our house is ill...so tumhe unnke paas nahi jaogi alright? Headache zyada ho jayega.."
"Bu..but mujhe.." Mishti tried to express something breaking the hug but..

"Nahi Mishti. No argument! You will not see him. Now come here..." Abir's strict voice supressed her for the moment and he gave her the medicine.

"You stay here for a while...mai unnse milke aata hoon alright? But you will not leave your room Mishti...hmm?"
Mishti couldn't not help but nodd but... somewhere in her mind....

Few hours passed...

But Mishti's eagerness  just increased every passing moment...
What was wrong with this man! Why was she feeling so strange! She had to find out...
So, she left her room in search of her answers.

Tip toeing slowly, she finally reached the guest room...
She got relaxed when she couldn't  find anyone else in the room for the time being... and she entered...

There was the man lying on the bed...unconscious or may be he was asleep.
He was so known to her! So very familiar!
Some..some blurred images...urghh!
Gathering some more courage, she sat beside the man...to touch his hand and as soon as she did that..!!!

Flashes! Right in front of her eyes!!

A baby girl running and a man behind him...playing... Mishtuuuu beta ruko...Nhiii dad! Catch me if you can!...giggles...

Aaah! It just vanished! But by that time her headache increased to a several time! Opening the eyes even frightened her so much!!
"No! No more flashes! No..no...nooo"

And she ran out of the room regardless of the direction....

"Nhi nhi nhi no more flashes! Urghhh!"
Mishti dared to open her eyes now...as she was sure enough that she was nowhere near that room...that man...

But her eyes got fixed at the door on the right...
The name on the door says... ABIR RAJVANSH
And she stood there...paused...for a while...

*FLASHBACK*

"Mishti...nhi yaha nhi"
"Bu..but kyun? Ye room bhi achha hai na"

"Nahi Mishti..ye..ye room dirty hai... and we shouldn't play in dirty places right!" Abir tried to handle her..

"Ummmm but mujhe yaha jaana hai..." Mishti replied pouting...

"Haa haa Mishti...tum jaogi but kabhi aur haa...kabhi aur..abhi nahi..
For now, we should play somewhere else haan? Okay? Chalo chalo..."

Curving her lips downward, she agreed...not to play there.

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

Gathering her courage once again, she opened the door ...
Yes! She was determined today..she had to find all the answers...of every unknown feel! Of every medicine! Of every...of...Abir...

She entered the room slowly...her eyes moving in every single corner of the room in search of answers when...
When her eyes fell on a wall...the left wall of the room...

Paintings, photoframes, photographs...of?
Of her and Abir... The whole wall was decorated with those and...

Her body shaked! Legs refused to stand straight and she collapsed on the ground! Weeping...screaming...
Urghhhhhh!

A faint sound managed to pierce her ears...a voice...

"Mishti..tum..yaha?
Ky..kya hua hai??? Mish..Mishtiiii"
"Abirrrr" she murmured and she fell down in his arms...unconcious...
.
.

"Mishti...you alright? Feeling better?"

Abir's voice brought her into sense.
There she was...back to her room...back to her bed...with Abir beside him.

"Hmmmm" she murmured.
"Kya hmm??? I told you not to go out of the room but... Mishtiiii kyun karti ho aisa? Humesha darra deti ho tum mujhe. Mujhe aise dekhne me tumhe achha lagta hai hainaa?"

"N..nhii I..I was just.." Mishti replied trying to sit.

"Kya nahi?! Ufff aaj ka din hi aisa hai!  Pehle wo farmhouse then tum! Urghhhh!
Mish...Mishtiii are you sure tum thik ho? Today you collapsed two times! It's not a matter of joke...I.."

She just managed to smile...looking at his concern...his care..him...

Exhaling deeply he started, "Okay! Hufff... I'll get you some warm milk...tumhe zaroorat hai abhi..." and he started to leave when...
When he felt his hand pulled by her...

"Itni bhi jaldi kya hai Ajeeb Rajvansh?"

He stood there numb! Motionless! D..did he hear right?! Wh..what did she just say?!!.. Did she...just say???

"What???!!!.." he uttered in a low voice turning back.

"Kyun? Tumhe koi aur bhi bulata hai?....Ajeeb Rajvansh?"

And she smiled...smiled to the heart's content...nodding to a yes...
Unable to believe what just happened, Abir fell on the bed...back to the sitting position...
Now looking at her still in that look...with those red swollen eyes, he uttered...
"Mi..Mish???..."

"Haaaaaa" she nodded in a low voice.

And they broke down in each other's arms...clenching each other's shirt...trying to hold as much as possible...with a determination of never letting go...

Continuing the hug Mishti started, "No one else can call you Ajeeb Rajvansh samjhe tum?!... only I have that right! Aur koi aur aaya na toh!..."

Before she could complete Abir started,  "Ayee Angry Chorni... ab angry hoke zyada violent mat ho jaana... I know only you have that right..."

And they weeped...letting their heart out...

"Abirrrrrr...."

"Mishtiiiii..."

That was just the beginning of the second phase of the story.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hope you all liked it. It's just the beginning of the second phase of the mishbir story. Stay connected!