Part 9

And Abir starts narrating his past...their past...

"Our story?
Miss Mishti Aggarwal, a quiet yet different girl and me,Mr. Abir Rajvansh. Our story was nothing new, nothing special nanko...

Stranger se friendship ka safar humesha khoobsurat rehta hai nanko, humara bhi tha... roz milna, roothna, manana, hasi mazak...

Aur jab isi dosti ki gul me se pyaar ki khoosboo aane lagti hai toh...khushi ka thikana hi nahi rehta...duniya aur bhi khoobsurat lagti hai...mehek jaati hai zindagi...
Aur humara rishta aisa tha ki kabhi zaroorat hi nahi padhi confess karne ki that we love each other...

Our eyes, our heart, our heartbeat were loud enough to hear for both of us...
We were on cloud nine those days phir ek din...
Ek din mamma ne dekh liya mujhe Mishti se phone pe baat karte huye aur..."

"Aur? Mamma ne...kya hua bhai?!" Kunal was damn curious.

Abir continued smiling, "Relax Nanko! Tujhe lagta hai humari mamma waisi hai? Mamma ne phone pe baat ki Mishti se aur wo bhi samajh gayi ki we love each other.
And ek din usine samjhaya ki we should confess each other to give a proper name to our relationship... She made me understand ki it's important...important to confess... but phir bhi we never said anything. It's not that maine try nahi ki but wo bhi mujhse kuch nahi kahi..."

"Phir? Phir kya hua bhai?"

"Phir? Few days later, ekdin Mishti suddenly mujhse baat karna bandh kar di...ekdam suddenly! Na koi call na message na koi meet! Even jo hum letter pass karte the na agar koi gussa hota to wo bhi nahi!
That was the time when I realised how much I love her! Tab mujhe lagaa ki kaash...kaash maine confess kar diya hota! Kaash humare relationship ka koi proper name hota to mai uske ghar pe jaa pata but...

(Exhaling deeply) phir... phir ek din uska message aaya ek unknown number se...it said ki wo milna chahti hai mujhse. It was 14th July...

*FLASHBACK*

At the lakeside...

"Mishtiii Mishtiiii!" Abir started calling her out as soon as he reached there...it was their place.
He was about to call her again when he noticed a girl standing silently...as calm as the moonlight which touched her face.

"Mish..Mishtiii" he uttered turning her to face him. Yes, it was her, his Mishti.
Unable to control his emotions, he hugged her...weeping...

"Mishti!! Mishti thank God thank God ki tum thik ho! Pata hai mai..mai kitnaa darr gaya tha! Na tum message ka reply kar rahi thi na calls aur nahi letters! Tu..tum thik to ho na haa? Mishtiiii....meri Mishti..."

His words stopped when he couldn't feel her reciprocation...

Breaking the hug, he cupped her face...
"Ayee Angry Chorni kya hua tumhe haa? Tum..tum mujhse nazre kyun mila nahi rahi ?! Ohh tumhe lag raha ki mai gussa hoon? Nahiii pagal! Mai kabhi bhi tumse gussa ho sakta hoon kya! Tu..tum ab meri taraf dekho"

Her teary, red, swollen eyes makes her pain more prominent.

"Mi..Mishti ku..kuch hua hai kya? Ghar pe? Uncle...uncle thik hai na? Aur aur tum? Mishti kya hua hai yaar batao na please! Tu..tum to jaanti ho na mai tumhe rota hua nahi dekh sakta you know right? Phir...phir kyun kar rahi ho aise?! Baat kya hai???"

Abir now expressed his concern caressing her face, with his own swollen eyes...
Tears making its way down the cheeks...

Mishti, gathering all her strength looked at him... releasing herself from his hold, she started firmly,...

"Abir, I am getting married"

The words pricked like thousands of pins straight in his heart...
But no! How can?! No wait!

Abir started laughing...
"Mishtiii joke of the year!!!! Sachme bohut funny hai! Haaa haa thik hai mai gussa tha and I can understand ki tumne ye sab mujhe smile karwane ke liye bol rahi ho but I'm telling na! Mai gussa nahi hoon Mishti...
M..mai kabhi gussa ho hi nahi sakta!!!"

"Ye mazak nahi hai...I am..getting married Abir...3 din me...17th July meri shaadi hai "

There was Abir looking straight into her eye...cupping her face...

"Aye Angry Chorni...gussa ho mujhse? Did I hurt you? I..I.."
"Abir, its a truth... mai tumhe ye wapas karne aayi thi" she advanced her hand which held a teddy bear...that teddy bear.

Abir's body couldn't response according to the situation.
His blood pressure rushed, body shaked, his legs refused to stand straight,voice trembled and there he fell down straight on the ground...silent...a quiet Abir...

"Abirrrrrrrrr" she uttered as she saw the man who had always been her pillar fell down at once...on the ground...right in front of her eyes.

She kneeled to sit in front of him, daring to touch his hand...

"Mishti" a silent yet shivering voice uttered, "I wanna ask you one question...k..kya humdono ke beech kuch bhi nahi tha?"

Mishti unable to match her eyes with him, tried to control her emotion...
"Abir woh.."
"Mai sirf sach sunna chahta hoon Mishti, sirf sach" he questioned firmly.

And she broke down...in front of him..she couldn't...anymore...

Throwing herself to his hold, she weeped, "I..I am sorry Abirrrr I..I just...I have to...just know this I have to... I don't have any other option I.."

And she cried... to her heart's content.

This night seemed so long! So..very long...

Letting their heart out for several more minutes, in each other's arm, they finally gathered themselves.

"Congratulations Miss Mishti Aggarwal,  wishing you a very happy married life ahead!" He stated while standing up.

"Abir..Abir tu..tum mujhe galat samajh rahe ho na? Mai aisa.."
"No need to explain..."

And he urged to leave the place.

There stood Mishti...a girl who has been broken so many times that pain hardly bothers her anymore but this...this pain...guilty and...and ABIR...

Turning back one last time Abir looked at her, "Can I hold you? One last time? Please?"
She couldn't utter a word but she had to answer so nodding was the only way.

He ran to hug her and she reciprocated...trying to hold each other as much as they could...trying to hold each other for the lifetime but...

Soon reality overpowered their emotion and he left with the teddy and her marriage card...

*FLASHBACK ENDS*

The memory of this day was still capable for him to relive the pain.
A pearly tear drop rolled down his cheek.
Abir exhaled...deeply...

"So, this is it bhai? That is how it ended? These mystery and all?"

Letting out a small smile he answered,

"This is the beginning of mystery Nanko, all of it is yet to come"

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hope you liked the update. The past is not over yet, not so easily. Stay connected.