Part 15

There was Abir standing in front of the window in Mishti's room, lost in some deep thought...of Mishti...of the farmhouse... of Monica Aggarwal's motive when a sound interrupted him.
"Mishtiii tum..tum thik ho?" he said helping her to sit. "Mishti, tum thik to ho na? Feeling better?" he questioned again in hope of getting a reply but...

He took his position beside her.
There she looked at him with her red swollen eyes...a still gaze...

"Mishti...tumne answer nahi diya...sab..sab thik hai na?" He asked her with much concern now looking at her.
She only nodded...
"Ummm okay! I think tumhe bhook lagi hai...Huhh of course lagna bhi chahiye ! Mai hi stupid hoon jo...tum...tum ruko.."

Abir was tensed, concerned, scared of her condition...

Taking the plate full of khichdi which was kept on the table, he started "Dekho kya hai dinner me...khichdi hai you like it na? Haaa?" He fed her with all his concern...love...
But her gaze...her gaze remained constant on him...his actions.

A sudden flash of scenes just in front of her eyes!
A girl and a boy running through the pillars...khichdi...ballons and...
Before she could figure it out properly, it was...gone...

She just kept looking at him without realizing her dinner was already done.
As he gave her the medicine and looked at her, he couldn't help but question...

"Mishti...are you sure tum thik ho? Tum...tumne kuch boli bhi nhi...You know jab park me tum be..behosh ho gayi thi to mujhe...mujhe itnaa darr lagaa ki mai..." he was busy with his words while Mishti hand started moving towards him....and soon it grabbed his...

His eyes now fell on it...
"Mishtiiiiii" he uttered. Her sudden act of consolation surprised him and he looked at her.
Her eyes was closed...may be she was trying to feel the touch...feel him but....why?
He did not break the trance as it was much needed for him as well as her.

And she opened her eyes after a while...
"Mishti? Tum.."
"I...I want to sleep now"
"Okay tum...so jao...goodnight"
Nodding her head, she lied down facing the other side holding the teddy tight! close to her heart!...
He left her room...letting her some space...
And the night passed...just like that!

The next morning Abir found Kunal knocking on the door.

"Nanko! Tu already ready hai?!"
"Of course bhai! Aaj bohut bada din hai...waise aap bhi to ready ho"
"Uhhh haa yaar almost ready bas Mishti se mil loon ek baar"
"Haa okay then aap milkar aao Mishti se I am waiting by the car"
Nodding to a yes, Abir left for Mishti's room.

She was there standing just in front of the window, lost in some deep thoughts when his voice...
"Mishti, good morning"
She smiled at him to in reply...
He advanced towards her in hope of some chat...
"Mishti wo..kal raat...I mean you alright na? Mai.."
And before he could complete his words, he felt her in his arms.
"I'm fine...mai thik hoon" she uttered in a low voice, still holding him close.
Abir's reciprocated as his eyes filled with tears... of happiness? Well yes!

As she broke the hug, Abir started, "Mishti woh mujhe thoda kaam hai so...mai aaj thoda late aaunga isiliye..."
She nodded understanding what he meant.
"So...take care haan? Medicine bhi time se le lena okay? Ummm bye"
Though his mind ached while leaving her in this condition, but he had to...for her...

"Suno" Mishti called him from back....just like before...
He turned with a pinch of water in his eyes and a faint smile...
"Thoda jaldi aana...I will be waiting..."
These words...these very words sounded like music in his ears... He had waited for these so long! So very long!

Abir and Kunal reached the spot after a long 45 minutes of drive...discussing the possibilities and plans all the way...

It was quite a shabby place, an old farm house.
Little did they know it was protected by Monica Aggarwal's men.

As they advanced slowly, Abir noticed few heads the other side of the house...

"Nanko, tu divert kar inhe apne baaton me let me check the rooms from the back"
"Okay bhai" answered Kunal as he advanced towards the security guard better to say the fake security guard.

Kunal kept involved few men which he knew to be Monica Aggarwal's men and the security guard in his talks while Abir moved around the house tip toeing.

Ummm nothing was clearly visible but...Abir could figure out a man inside the house.
He was sure of the fact that something was definitely not right as the man inside the house was lying unconscious...

He took out his phone and messaged Kunal...
"Nanko, there is a man inside...lying unconscious...we need to find it out!
Do it now..."

As soon as Kunal got the signal, he covered his nose, took out a bottle spray from his pocket, spread it in the air...
And the goons fell on the ground...unconscious...

"Bhai...kya hua?" Kunal came running towards the front door.
"Shhhhh let me see" Abir answered whispering.
And he opened the door all at once!

There was a man lying on the floor...unconscious...a wheel chair just beside him....
Abir stood still...shocked like hell!

"Un..uncle?!" he uttered slowly.
"Bhai you know this man?" Kunal was confused.

"He is Mishti's father nanko..."

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hope you all liked it. Tried to describe the emotions. Stay connected.