Fear

Kristin's POV

*BEEP* *BEEP*

"Stupid alarm clock..." I groaned. I hit the snooze and turned it off, jumping up off the bed, and scurrying to the closet. I found my tennis shoes and jeans with a white shirt that had a blue broken heart that said 'Coldhearted love' in the middle.

I quickly brushed my teeth and threw my toothbrush back into the holder. I scooped up my bag, trekking out of the room. I leaped up onto the railing and slid down it, landing on the floor. I've been doing that forever, trying to perfect it and I finally got the hang of it when I turned 11, but I'm 16 now.

My mom was in the kitchen cooking omelets. I was a vegetarian.

"Hey sweetie, Want some omelets?" She asked.

I nodded my head and she placed some on a glass plate, handing it to me. I smiled thankfully and cut a piece of it, sticking the fork in my mouth.

My mom laughed.

"I know I say this everyday, but isn't it odd that a werewolf is a vegetarian?"

I rolled my eyes, remembering the day that me, my mom, and dad found out about my hybrid status.

FLASHBACK

"Mommy, I'm gonna shoot you, okay?" I giggled sweetly. Since I was only 3.

She nodded and I used my hands to shape a gun and shot it at her. She pretended to drop dead.

"AHHHH!" She fell over. I internally rolled my eyes at the dramatic scene and pouted.

I did it again, but pretended my hands were a bazooka. I pointed it at the wall.

"I need to get outta here fast, I can't let the cops know I killed someone!" I cried with the best manly voice I could. I jerked my fingers in a swift movement when a giant fire ball came out of my hands and crashed through the wall.

I looked behind me, my eyes wide and treat in fear, to see my parents' reaction.

My mom had a horrified look on her face while my dad was at the bottom of the stairs with his face looking the same.

"Sweetie, come here..." My mom whispered to me. I crawled over to her, body trembling with a feeling of unknown panic. I cried while she told me that it was okay, that they'd keep my secret until their dying day.

FLASHBACK OVER

Some time after, I shifted, and it wasn't a big shock to my parents considering they knew I was a witch. My secret was still safe and I hoped it would stay that way.

I decided to take a walk in the woods before school to clear my mind of the memory. It still haunted me, the fear still overwhelming as I thought of what I had felt, that I didn't know what was going on.

I made my way out of the house and ran until got to a tiny clearing with a tree, three giant roots curling around it. I shot ice at it, freezing the trunk, a clear crystal look present.

I heard leaves crunching somewhere in the trees, so I hid behind the big, now frozen, oak.

A giant black wolf was what walked out of the forest and into the small clearing. I knew it was a werewolf. Though I had magic, that thing could easily overpower me.

It whipped its head my way. I tried to run, but I was glued to my spot, frozen like the tree beside me itself.

It came up to me and I waited for it to attack me, but it didn't, it just stared at me. It caused my blood to course through my veins painfully, feeling as if my warm blood was now cold like the heart on my shirt.

"Look, I'm leaving, okay? No need to kill me." I tried to play it safe.

It looked confused then realization played across its face, a minute later, he nodded.

"Thanks." I breathed a sigh of relief.

I shot away, the warmth in my blood returning to me as I made it out of the forest.

I closed my eyes, only to open them moments later, the school in front of me. I sat against the brick wall, trying to block the tears that wanted to fall, waiting for the school gates to open.