Hunted

Kristin's POV

I grabbed onto Rick and started dragging him into a small shop.

I'm risking everything doing this.

The shop was small with a max of four people in it, not including me and Rick. It had no windows, so it was kinda dark.

I used my ice powers to freeze the door closed so Oscar couldn't get in. I know he wouldn't risk his secret. Everyone started screaming and trying to get out.

Rick calmed everyone down and told them what was going on and not to tell anyone. Oscar was outside the door with other werewolves from Ryder's allied packs.

These people said they won't tell, but I was going to erase their memories afterwards anyways.

My ice was starting to break and the more wolves that came, the harder it got to hold them back.

"GET THEM BACK!!" I screamed at Rick. The wolves were breaking through my ice.

Rick backed the people up into the back wall. I kept my powers going, using more of my energy, trying to freeze the doors closed. The little kids just kept calling me Elsa since they didn't know my name.

"GET DOWN!" Rick yelled. The doors and my ice were cracking. I shot a red and blue force field around everyone.

In the next second, I was on the ground from the force that blew the wall in. There was Oscar and other allies around him.

I ran to the force field and noticed Rick wasn't inside of it.

I panicked and looked around, then there he was, bleeding heavily on the ground by the back wall. If I didn't do something then he'd bleed to death.

I ran over to him and picked his head up.

"Rick....." I sobbed a little. He glanced at me, his eyes glossy in pain.

"It's okay, I'm fine, you're fine..."

"No! I-I'm going to t-turn you...I have to..." I breathed in a shaky breath.

"What do you mean...turn me?" His eyes were closing, but I wouldn't let them shut.

"Don't close your eyes! Stay awake! It will only take a second..." I gave him a sad look. He just mumbled something incoherent.

"I'm sorry..." I cried.

I bit down onto his shoulder to turn him into a werewolf. Every human in the shield screamed. Rick started shaking and yelling, but his eyes weren't closing anymore.

The werewolf gene would allow him to heal, it would save his life.

He looked like he was ready to die, but I was selfish, like Ryder, and didn't want him to go.

Oscar growled and tried to grab Rick, but I jumped in front and threw Oscar against the wall.

I picked up Rick and teleported the people to the closest store, erasing their memories in the process. I teleported to the roof and leaped off with Rick in my arms.

I had no idea where I was gonna go, where Ryder or Oscar and the allies wouldn't find me, but I just need a place that can last at least six hours.

It gets kinda hard to hold a shifting wolf. They squirm and shake, scream and yell. It hurts my enhanced hearing.

Up ahead I saw a steel, small building. If I could freeze the inside walls then it just might just last six hours.

I ran inside and set Rick down on a couple of the old mattresses that were in a corner. He was still screaming and shaking while I was freezing the walls.

Three hours to shift and three hours to rest in wolf form. I wonder what color he'll be?

That was a thought that could've waited.

"Agghhh!!!" He was asleep, but that didn't stop his screams.

This was gonna be a long six hours.

Six Hours Later

I've been awake for six hours now. Rick should wake up any minute. He's a brown wolf, but I couldn't see his eyes.

"Uggghhh..." Rick groaned. He was awake.

"What the hell happened?" He asked.

"I turned you, remember?" I frowned a little, knowing what I did was practically placing a curse upon him.

"It's okay, you saved me a second time." He laughed softly. I scoffed.

"I'm selfish." He gave me a crooked smile.

"Maybe, but you did it for the right reasons."

"You look good." I switched the subject.

"Huh?" He looked a little creeped out.

"I mean as a wolf, stupid."

He smiled sheepishly.

"Oh."

He shifted and I saw his eyes. They were a dull gold, which I thought was pretty cool.

He looked at himself and started jumping around. Then he howled.
"Shhhhhh!" I scolded, "Their still looking for us."

He whimpered.

I just laughed and shifted along with him. I unfroze the walls and we went running, hidden in the forests.

We stopped and rested by a small stream. I watched him snore at the edge of the flowing water, his paws crossed in front of him, head on them.

He looked innocent.

I sighed, sitting in my haunches, looking up at the darkening sky.

Just because he looked so relaxed doesn't mean we were free.

We were being hunted.