Attack

Kristin's POV

*RINGGGGGG*

Well, off to PE I go. I made my way there slowly, dreading the stares. Once I was there, I sat down in my row silently.

People started rushing through the door and most of the kids kept saying I was lucky to be alive and the rest were just staring, to cowardly to say anything, afraid of me hearing, even though I could hear the others perfectly well.

40 Minutes Later

The loud speaker came on.

"Assembly in the gym. Get your kids in the bleachers and wait for the principle for farther instructions."

We filed in and sat down, waiting for the principle. When she came into the gym, she went up to the microphone.
"Kristin Lite." She called. I stood up cautiously.

She waved me over. I walked down the bleachers to go and stand next to her.
"As I know, all of you are surprised Kristin is back and not hurt in any way,
am I correct?" Everyone nodded.

"I'm going to let her talk, to let you all know what happened." She finished.

She handed the microphone to me and I spoke.

"I'm not going to say what happened while I was gone. I'm actually not sure myself. I got an explanation and I am not hurt. Whatever had caused my absence is none of anybody's concern but my own."

With that, I put the microphone back into the principle's hands. I wouldn't rat him out, he had a reason, though not a good one, a mate seemed pretty important, even if I didn't fully understand the concept.

"Well if that all she has to say then we can go ba-."

Mrs. Jackson was cut off by a loud voice booming through the loud speaker. "There has been a breach in security, you must-" Static echoed after.

I could hear the growls of Ryder, Chris, and Andy close by. My heart started to race.

I knew that if he was in the school, he would shift along with Chris and Andy, not allowing him and his friends' faces be seen.

"You stupid fuck..." I spit quietly.

I ran over to Meara and Sadi. They looked at me with a knowing look. As fast as she could, Sadi handed me her body spray. Its smell was strong as I sprayed myself.

I scurried under the bleachers while everyone else was against the back wall of the gym, crying to the teachers, some screaming in fear of being killed.

Right then, Ryder's black wolf, Chris's blonde wolf, and Andy's brown wolf crashed through the wall, leaving a giant hole.

Everyone screamed and Ryder growled, causing everyone to shut up. He put his snout up and took a big whiff, trying to find my scent.
He whimpered, not being able to smell me. I knew though, that he wasn't leaving without a lead.

I guess he saw the looks in Meara and Sadi's eyes because he pounced forward, growling at them.

I knew Ryder would go as far as hurting them to get me back so I crawled out from behind the bleachers.

"No!"

Ryder snapped his head up and over to me. His amber eyes softened when he saw me. I saw my friends' eyes fill with fear when they realized I gave myself up for them. Ryder took a step forward when I glared at him and stepped back also. He whimpered and hurt was clear in his eyes.

I leaped at him, hoping for him to leave, but he gently nudged me backwards. I stumbled and fell on my butt.

I looked up, meeting his wolf's amber eyes.

My eyes pleaded, and I guess he understood because he casted a single glance back at the terrified school of teens and let out a menacing snarl, fleeing back through the hole, Chris and Andy following.

For the second time that day, my mind shut down.