Safe then Found

Kristin's POV

I was laying on the bed, breathing heavily, waiting for Ryder to come in and tell me that I'm his mate and that we shouldn't keep secrets from each other.

I heard a knock on the door, and I jumped up, slowly opening it. There was Ryder, looking like he was going to cry because of the Moon Goddess's choice to kill me or let me live.

He hugged me tightly then let me go slowly, looking me in the eyes.

He spoke with sadness laced in his voice, but a hidden anger underneath.

"Why didn't you tell me you were the prophecy?"

The anger was building inch by inch now. Why is he saying that? Didn't we just have the conversation about my witch side? That I only told people I trusted?! I didn't want him to know I was a witch or the prophecy at all and look how that turned out! I couldn't believe he had the decency to ask that!

I signed to him fast, showing him that I was mad.

"I didn't want you to know I was a witch, I didn't want you to now I was the prophecy, I didn't want you to know anything," I paused and sucked in a breath, signing again, "and you don't get the privilege of asking me that! As of now, I don't want to be your mate!!"

At the look of pure horror and heartbreak in his green eyes, I cast a spell and put him to sleep, making him drop to the floor with a thud. I gathered my stuff and leaped out of the window, heading somewhere where I could escape from him.

2 Days Later

I've gotten a new house and I've been here for a day. Florida is nice and sunny. It doesn't have a lot of woods to run in, but Ryder would look in the kinds of places that had forests.

Sadi and Meara still hear from me. I call them, and usually update them on what's happening.

I've called my parents, letting them know what has happened. Surprisingly, they agreed with my decision.

Since I've left Ryder, the mate bond made it hurt to be away. I could handle it for some reason, but it still made an uncomfortable feeling in my chest.

One she-wolf said that a mate bond to a wolf hurts like hell if you're away from each other too long.

Maybe it was because he hadn't marked me.

Right now I was at the beach. When I was sitting at the bar, ordering food, not drinks, I'm sixteen for gosh sakes, a police officer came up with a megaphone and started speaking.

"A guy named Ryder Blaze is looking for a girl named Kristin Lite. He says she has been missing for two days. If anyone sees anything, please report to me or any other officer."

"Shit!" I cursed quietly.

And my voice was back.

When I was trying to get back to my house unnoticed, I saw the same black hair and green eyes on a familiar face.

Ryder Blaze.

He felt my stare and turned around. His emerald eyes widened, and he ran towards me. I took off the other way, trying to get lost in the crowd of people down by the shore.

Ryder POV

I'd found my mate.