Escape

Ryder's POV

My mate was so cute when she pouted.

She was currently sitting in the van pouting because she's been kidnapped. She's mine though, and I couldn't just let her be free prey for other males.

"Why did you take me? I know your werewolves." She said giving me, Andy, and Chris a death glare.

"If your a werewolf, shouldn't you know?" I asked in a 'duh' tone.

"Well apparently not because I don't." She huffed.

"Your my mate." I stated like it was the most normal thing in the world.

"What's a mate?" She asked, her head tilting in a curious and confused manor.

Andy, Chris and I were shocked was an understatement. We were way beyond that. If she's a werewolf, how could she not know about mates?!?

"Didn't your parents tell you about mates?" I asked, my tone disbelieving.

She shook her head.

"My parents are human. All I know is that me and other werewolves exist."

"So you don't know about packs, mates, or rouges?" I questioned.

She shook her head once again.

I growled in frustration. This was going to be harder now. Although her scent was different from a normal werewolves.

"Your werwolf scent is mixed with another, what is it?" I asked, my eyes dimming in inner anger, the thought of another male lurking around her.

"I-I don't know what y-your talking about." She stuttered.

She's lying. I gave her a suspicious look. I'd find out one way or another.

This is gonna take a lot of explaining.

Two weeks later

Kristin's POV

I've been stuck here for two weeks and today I'm going to put my plan into action. I've seen the news. My mom and dad were looking for me.

My inner turmoil was turning. I missed my mom and dad, the only family I had. I wanted to leave, go back with them.

"RYDER! " I screamed, fake tears falling. He burst through the door almost seconds later.

"What's wrong?!" He panicked, my tears worrying him.

I felt a pang of guilt hit me for doing this to him, but I missed my family, and he wouldn't let me go, afraid I'd leave him.

Which I was just about to do.

The last two weeks he's told me all about werewolves.

"A rouge attacked me..." I whispered in faux fear. Since he didn't know I was a witch, I used my magic to allow him to look past my obviously bad acting.

"I'll catch it. Don't worry." He said softly. He ran out of the room, his alpha voice booming orders to catch the fake rouge. I can tell he was angry a rouge got past his patrol.

I jumped out of the window and ran the opposite direction of which I told him the rouge went. When I was in the middle of the forest, I teleported to the school roof so no one would see me.

I jumped down and ran inside. I sprinted all the way to the office and burst through the door.

Mrs. Jackson along with the secretary and another 5th grade teacher looked at me in shock. Mrs. Jackson jumped up.

"You're alive...!" I nodded.

All the stress was getting to me.

"Call...-" I couldn't finish my sentence.

At that moment, the stress finally took over and I passed out.