03 - Introducing the Beautiful Boy

~ Poe's POV ~

Thank the Lord I have lunch now or I would have chewed off my fingers during my Mechanics & Engineering class. 

Jess and I stride through the open doors of the cafeteria and immediately get bombed with the smell of bad public school lunch. I flash a knowing glance a Jess, who returns it all the same. A huge line has already formed at the serving counter, so we decide it would be better to just wait. 

I spot Rey at our usual table with Snap, Rose, someone I didn't recognise. Their back is turned so I can't see their face, but I assume it's the person that she wanted to introduce me to. Rey waves us over and lightly nudges the new guy's shoulder. 

And then he turns around.

I swear my heart stopped beating for at least five seconds. 

How do I describe him? He's just...beautiful.

He literally glows with an aura brighter than my future, and that's saying a lot. 

"Hey guys," Rey beams, bringing forward her new friend, "This is Finn!"

"Welcome!" Jess shakes his hand eagerly, "My name's Jess!"

Finn smiles and I nearly have a heart attack right there in the middle of the cafeteria.

"And, Finn, this is Poe!" Rey gently shoves him in my direction with a wink. I glare at her, my face slowly heating up. 

I give him a flustered smile and quickly shake his hand, "I...uh...like your socks."

Dammit.

I hear Rey scoff and Jess tries to hold back a laugh next to me, but Finn just smiles faintly.

"Thanks, I like your socks, too."

•••••

During my last class of the day, I was basically dozing off in the back of the classroom when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. 

5:17 PM

2 messages -- Jess & others | 💀Dumb Bitch Squad 💀

I roll my eyes and open my messages.

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

💀Dumb Bitch Squad 💀

Jess: im literally about to cry

Rey: ugh same

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

This year, since the school added the seniors-only Six Million Languages class, all the seniors have an extra class at the end of the day to make up for the other missed class. That means that we don't end school until almost six o'clock because our classes are all an hour and a half long. We have seven classes a day, including lunch, but anyone who's not a senior only has six classes. 

All classes end at 4:30 for everyone but seniors. 

–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

💀Dumb Bitch Squad 💀

Jess: im literally about to cry