7. sirens

"kei, you're gonna be late for school." his mom screamed from the kitchen.

tsukki couldn't be bothered with breakfast as his mind drifts of to his dream, it was so vivid, it felt so real. his thoughts are taunting him.
that's why he had a nightmare. well it wasn't fully a nightmare, god he doesn't even know.

💌

tsukki arrived at school a little late, but good thing the teacher was not yet around.

"tsukki, why are you late?" yama asked, feeling a bit worried for his friend.

"nothing, just tired." he responded.

"hmm, well you can rest in between classes, we are just going to do some activities today because the teachers are out for a meeting." yama stated, pulling out his pencil case.

surprisingly the class was not in chaos, everyone was actually doing the said activity, of course some occasional hoots, but everyone seemed to be focused, except for tsukki, he can't help but think of the dream he just had, lost in his thoughts...

"kei. are you done?" a female voice asked.

tsukki looked at her, her face glowing, she looked totally different from yesterday, "tch, yeah." he scoffed.

"hm, give it to me then." she said, grabbing his sheets and walking back to her seat.

time has passed and the others are passing their papers to her, "is everybody done?" she asked the class, "no! not yet." akihiro announced, "well, you still have 20 minutes." she said, sitting again, while she scanned through the papers of her classmates.

tsukki can't help but noticed how her uniform is slightly smaller today, "did she gained weight?" he thought, not that he minds, she is pretty no matter what, it's just that her curves are showing more.
but good thing her skirt is still in the same length.

"tsukki, you have been staring at her intently for a minute now. please stop." yama favored.

he looked away immediately, hoping it was only yamaguchi who noticed.

💌

in no time, akihiro passed his papers too, lowkey crumpled, "why is this crumpled aki?" she asked, scanning through the papers.

"i was panicking. i didn't know the—" aki responded, "and you didn't even finished it." she interrupted him, "come on, sit down, i'll help you answer the remaining questions," she offered, pulling a seat, "no, it's fine." aki muttered, "sit the fuck down."

break has passed and the two are still answering, tsukki noticed that yama was no longer beside him, "aki, do you get it now?" she asked for the third time, "i guess so."
"fine, i'll just teach you after school." she said, standing up and fixing her skirt, "i'll go to the faculty and pass these." walking away.

💌

school was over before they know it, everybody was  hurrying before the rain starts to fall "aki, can we do it some other time? it's gonna rain." you favored as you hurriedly walk, "yes, no problem. i'll see you tomorrow then." he said, walking to the opposite direction.

you walked in a fast manner, but not fast enough to run, "let me get home. let me get home." you repeatedly chanted, before even reaching the mart, rain started to fall, "damn it." you cursed, finding a shade at the nearest store, your body covered in water droplets, too bad you didn't have yuki's jacket.

the rain started light then it became heavier, which earned a big sigh from you, this will be a long walk, as you begun to walk slowly, missing the puddles engraved on the hot cemented pavements, using your bag as a shield for the rain, if this was an acid rain you're bag would have been gone by now.

with all the rain and thundering, you can't help but noticed how beautiful your view was, as the lights from the lamp posts began to illuminate the wet street, rain still falling from the sky creating a small silhouette of rain drops, until a dark shade covered your view, you turned around and saw kei.

"it's raining dumbass, and here you are in the middle of the side walk staring at nothing." kei scoffed, still holding an umbrella above your head.

"that's so nice of you to not sneak up on me." you said, as both of you started walking home.

there was an awkward silence.

tsukki can't think straight, he can't help but notice you didn't carry any scent around your body, you just smell like a freshly done laundry. that's all.

"...right?" you inquired.

"what?" tsukki asked.

"you weren't listening. i said, don't you find it peaceful when it rains, it feels like pure calmness, hearing the rain drops fall onto the top of your umbrella."

"ah, yeah." he responded, still holding up the umbrella. nearing her home.

"thanks kei." you said, as you walked towards your door.

"yeah."

as he slipped his phone right into his pockets, smiling with what he just did.

"thanks a lot."

💌

i do not own anything, except for my thoughts and probably the cover of this story.

(c) xibal6969 2020