19. long beach city

"who would do that to you?" as aki accompanied you to the field's lavatory.

you were covered with freshly cut grass since someone decided to let you and aki sit at a certain spot because apparently they are scared that you and aki might get hit by the ball, while they're playing.
so you sat at a spot where these freshly cut grass are somehow piled up, you didn't noticed it, because no one in the right mind would actually collect freshly cut grass and, pile it in a place where students play or rest, it's a big ass field.

once you laid down, you and your white shirt was immediately covered, "kei." you thought, "hey, come on. i'll help you." aki said, as he removed the small pieces of grass on your now green shirt, "thank you." you muttered, tears threatening to leave your eyes.

one, because you know that this is kei's doing. how did he even managed to pull shits like this? you would never know.
second, you hate being dirty. in all aspects. you just hate dirt.

... but you somehow managed to not let your tears out, not in front of aki, "i have a spare shirt if you like, it's fresh don't worry." he offered, he knows how you hate unclean shirt, so he always brings 2 spares one for you and for him, "you didn't have to aki."
"i don't think you will last a day with that grass covered shirt of yours," he snickered.

💌

it has been a week since the incident happened, you didn't tell anyone about it being kei,
not because you were scared of what he has against you, but you were scared that your "complain." might stain your good moral record, admit it, even though you are the one who was wronged you are still gonna have your name on it, and you can't afford to stain that, not even one bit.

no one can help you, but yourself. if you just, just, comply with kei's antics. then you'll surive.
"i hope," you thought.

you were just walking on your way to the vending machine when someone pushed you from behind, which made fall, your face making contact with the harsh, dirty floor, people gave you looks, but no one laughed, you just sighed and stood up dusting your uniform, as you inserted a bill, "i just want a soy milk." you muttered, face still hurting, once you hear your soy milk drop, a hand immediately snatched it before you can even make contact with the product you got, "thank you, baby." kei said, as he kissed your cheek, walking away with soy milk on his hand.

did you do anything?

you didn't.

"so you like it when he does this to you?" you heard someone whisper, you looked around and saw no one in particular, "you like it right? when he hurts you." there it was again.

"no." you said, grabbing a hold of the vending machine, knuckles turning white.

you stomped away threatening to scratch your head, your wound was still there but the scab was finally closing it up, "go on, pull it out." the voice cooed, "no." you said as you ran to the stairs, "pull it. PULL IT. PULL IT. YOU FUCKING BITCH!" it screamed.
you slapped yourself, trying to maintain sanity.

you were already crying, you found yourself at the emergency stairs, where no one bothers to stay, it was dark and oxygen deprived, you slapped yourself as you try your best to fight whatever or whoever's voice you were hearing, "i know, you want to do it." again, and again.
"if i pulled it, will you stop?" you asked, head moving around as you try to find the source of the voice. "depends." it replied, you snaked your hand to your scalp, looking for the scab, you found it, you slowly pulled it out, thank god your fingernails aren't freshly trimmed, you slowly pulled the scab off feeling satisfaction, "go, then insert your fucking nails onto your wound," it ordered, and you just complied, "ah!" you winced in pain, immediately removing your hands, you saw your bloodied finger nails and fingertips, "good job," the voice said, and you just stared at your bloodied fingers.

you cried, as you just stared at your fingers, "i don't like this."

you were slowly seeing black dots, you tried to fight it, by breathing deep, just like how you always do, "what the fuck." was all you heard before your head hit the concrete.

💌

you found yourself at the, "what?" the first thing you asked, you look around and saw you were in an open space, open field to be exact, your head was on someone's lap, you looked up and saw kei, reading a book.

your hand immediately touched your wound, and you felt a fabric texture, "don't touch it." he said, still reading his book, "what happened?" you asked him, "i was looking for you. because class was almost starting, but you weren't back yet, then i heard you sobbing, next thing i knew you passed out." he said, eyes still focused on the book he is reading, "i cleaned your wound don't worry." he added.
"thank you." you whispered, closing your eyes, unknowingly tsukki dropped his book and leaned his face towards you.
he kissed the top of your nose, which made you open your eyes immediately.
"don't do that again." he said, a hint of worry lacing his words, as he placed a light kiss on your lips.

"i won't," you replied, oh how you wish you would never do it again.

"how can he be caring and hurt me at the same time?" you asked yourself, as you he slowly parted his lips, booping your nose.

"why'd you hurt me kei?" you thought.

"why do you have to?"

💌

quickie: thanks for reading, comments are appreciated!! <33

💌

this book is a work of fiction.
names, characters, business, organizations, places, events, and incidents are either product of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, events or locales is entirely coincidental.
i do not own anything, except for my thoughts and probably the cover of this story.

(c) bl34chbnk 2020