Puppy Love (Luke Alvez x NB Reader)

A/N: I am not personally Non-Binary, but!! I have a couple friends that helped me write this. Please let me know if I should fix anything!
(D/B)= Dog breed, (D/N) = Dog's name.

Luke Alvez, spitting image of masculine energy, FBI agent, athlete, and an unstoppable force, managed to find himself stopped by something. Well, someone.

You.

Something about your (H/L) (H/C hair and the excitement you showed with your dog made him stop on his jog with Roxy.

He needed you out of his head desperately. He was taking the confused feelings into work with him, and it wasn't good.

He wanted so desperately to meet you.
-

"Alright Newbie, spill what's making you look all, forlorn and long, or smile, you are seriously killing the vibe right now." Penelope says snapping him out of his playback of the last time you were at the park.

"He looks like that everytime we come back from a long mission, but its only the day after. So, Alvez clearly has someone here he misses." Reid concludes and Luke has to make a fake offended face.

"Yeah, Yeah, okay, what about not profiling eachother, especially when they aren't in the best places. We just got back from a mission, take it easy judgement squad." Luke points an accusatory finger at his team. "Otherwise I'm going to start spilling some secrets."

Reid puts his hands up in defense, and Penelope responds, "Come on Luke, who's the sweet girl?" She then double backs. "Or boy, no judgement here." She states.

"If we are no judgement you should be including non-binary people aswell." JJ cuts into the conversation.

"Oh yeah! What about an Enby? Who are they?" Spencer eyes widen in excitement, looking at Luke expectantly.

Luke looks between the three of his team mates and shrugs bashfully. "I dont know, I haven't actually talked to the person." He admits.

"Newbie Luke Alvez you are telling me with the masculine confidence you ooze out, you cant't manage to talk to some person you find aesthetically beautiful?" Penelope teases and Luke shoots her an unamused face.

"Thats it, operation Luke Gets A Date is now on." Penelope says, going to her office and grabbing some ear pieces

"Luke where do you see this person?" Reid asks, grabbing an ear piece and putting it on.

"Woah wait, no I can't go there alone!" Luke says, trying to stop his coworkers desperately.

"Well we don't want to bombard them with agents." JJ says, shooting Luke a small 'you're screwed' smile, and then putting in an ear piece

"Well, if you told us where you met them, we could totally figure out who is the best to go in." Penelope says, placing her own in and handing Luke his.

"Okay, jeez, it was the dog park." Luke says, sighing in defeat as he put it in.

"Oh my god! That's perfect!" Penelope says and JJ grabs her keys. "We have to go get Roxy, and then we'll let her loose, you panic and chase after her and maybe your mystery person will come to help the damsel in distress." Penelope says.

"I am not a damsel." Luke scoffs, following them to his own car.

"Lead the way Lover Newbie." Garcia says before looking at Reid. "Alright Reid, you go with Newbie incase he tries to bolt."

Reid nods and looks at Luke, who gives him his best dead pan, before hopping into his own car and beginning the drive back to his appartment. He pulls into his parking spot, and heads in.

"I am so sorry Roxy, we've been dragged into a horrible romance plan by Penelope," The dog cocks her head at him, "Hey woah, don't look at me like that-," He pouts as he clips Roxy's harness on.

He guides the canine back to his vehicle with a nervois frown. The adorable dog hops into the back, an excited pant coming from her. Luke then goes to the driver's seat, and leads the other car to the dog park.

He parks, and he looks around, trying to search the park for your familiar (h/c) (h/l) hair, and your sweet (d/b) dog. He spots you, and he points you out.
"There, with the (D/B), that's the person I've managed to grow a crush on." He says with a frown.
Penelope then opens the door to Luke's car, allowing Roxy to run out, and towards you at mach 20 speed.

"Shit! Roxy!" He yells, chasing after the now bolting dog. "Garcia! I swear!" He yells, desperately trying to catch his dog before you managed to whistle the excited german sheppard over.

"Roxy? Roxy come here baby!" You're voice called out, and you shook the ball in your hand.

The german sheppard eagerly ran to you, and you squatted down, grabbing her leash with little effort. Luke's sprint devolves to a jog as he sees you with her leash, and he lets out a relieved breath. "Thank you-," He realizes he doesn't know your name.

"(Y/N), (Y/N) (L/N), and this is my dog (D/N)." They introduce themselves and extend a hand to Luke and Luke eagerly shakes it, "Luke, Luke Alvez." He smiles before he hears the ear piece speak.

"Okay, great, introductions done, now Newbie, hook, line, and sinker, use a cute pickup line!" Penelope orders from her ear piece.

"Are you,, a tennis ball, because you are fetching." Luke tries, which elicits the most amazing laugh from you.

"Was that a dog pick up line, Alvez?" You teased before searching your pockets for something. You pull out a pen, gently grabbing his arm and writing your name and number on it before speaking.

"Hey, you know what this shirt is made out of Alvez? Partner Material." You shoot him a wink and Alvez thinks he could just die in that park.

He, however lets out a small chuckle, and flashes a heart melting smile. "Partner huh? Really throwing me a bone here." He says, gently taking the pen from you, and writing his own number on your arm.

"Please, call me, I'd like to get to know you under less ruff circumstances." You flirt back.

"Oh, definitely, uh, yeah." Luke smiles and then looks to Roxy. "I should get her back to the doghouse, but if Im lucky, maybe you'll come back to my dog house for dinner?"He asks.

They let out another beautiful laugh and Luke nearly looses it.

"Maybe, I think you barked up the right tree.~"
——-

"Please, J stop them, I'm gonna throw up."

"Hush Penny, you're the one who forced us here, you deal with the horrible pick up lines."
————

"Let yourself be drawn by the pull of that which you truly LOVE. It will never lead you astray." - Rumi