Chapter 8

*PHOTO ATTACHED IS LAURA*

Another update! I have no chill. This one will be back to Jasmine's POV. Hope you guys enjoy xx

Im just a bestfriend. Nothing more. I keep replaying his words at my head throughout the rest of the day. It hurts like a fckng bus run me down. Eventhough I’m just a replacement for his date on Sat, and I don’t want to be there on the party, Laura insists that I should go especially that she’ll be there too.

My phone vibrated in my pocket which made me snapped out of my thoughts. It was a text message from an unknown number. Confused as to whom it may have been, I opened the text.

Can’t drop u off later – J

No ride for me later then. Ugh. Life is cruel. Laura wasn’t at school anymore because she skipped half of the day to meet Ryan which is who she met at the mall last day. Bus it is then.

At my way to walking to the bus station, a car pulled up in front of me before I exit the school’s gate.

“Hey! You don’t have any ride? I’ll bring you home” Justin said smiling from his car’s window

I hesitated a bit but this is better than sharing a bus with kids who are too young to drive or kids who can’t drive.

“That would be nice thanks”

I went inside his car and put the seatbelt on. Suddenly my phone started to rang. I quickly looked at Justin and told him I’ll just take the phone call. Without looking at the phone screen. I answered my phone.

“Yeah?”

“Are you already at home?” I instantly knew it was James by how deep was his voice and velvet it is.

“No. I’m still on my way” I glanced at Justin and he gave me a small smile.

“Who gave you a ride?”

What’s up with this man.

“My chem classmate okay. U don’t need to worry, I’ll just tell mom u had some practice”

“Is it from Justin?”

“Yeah”

There was a long pause that I thought he already hung up.

“Ok. Be careful” I can hear the sincerity with that simple words then he hung up.

“Is that your boyfriend?” I was still reeling to james words that I forgot Im with Justin.

“No no. Just a family friend. Turn left there”

After few minutes we arrive at my house. I unbuckled my seatbelt and turned to Justin.

“Well thanks for giving me a ride”

“Anytime Jas. You take care. Bye”

“Bye”

I quickly got out and went inside the house which I was bombarded with my mom as soon as I stepped foot at the thereshold.

“Why isn’t James gave a ride home? Where is James? We specifically told you both that he’ll be giving you—“

I cut her off before she continue this ranting because my head is already aching just hearing her high-pitched voice.

“James had a football practice so that’s why he didn’t manage to dropped me off this time. Okay? Im dead tired so can I please go upstairs to my room now?”

“Oh okay dear. Go and rest for a while. I’ll call you back when the dinner’s ready okay?”

She smiled then kissed me at the cheeks before ushering me to the stairs.

Once I entered my room, I flopped on to my bed and decided to take a short nap. Starting to drift off to sleep, my phone suddenly vibrated inside my jeans. Groaning, I took it out and read the text message.

I hope u got home safe

Comment Fan Vote. Cheers!