Chapter 4

*PHOTO ATTCHED IS JAMES*

Mr. Richards then discussed about the dos and don’ts while performing experiments the whole 2 hrs of the class. Justin will make me laugh once in a while so it didn’t bore me that much. He’s actually nice for a swim captain in contrast to all the rumors I’ve been hearing about him since freshmen. But you can see that he’s confident and well, very assured of himself.

After the bell rang, I got up and started going to the hallway when I felt hands on my arm.

“Hey!” It was Justin.

“Yeah?” I didn’t intend it to come out rude but I was really excited about Laura’s new boy toy that I was not in the mood for a chitchat until I found my girl

“Oh sorry to bother you. Are you in a hurry? I was just going to ask for your number so that we can communicate easily for the lab reports that we’re going to pass for next weeks"  He said nervously.

“Oh yeah. No. I mean.. Yeah I’m kind of in a hurry, but no it’s okay” I smiled. “ Do you have your phone? I’ll punch in my number”

“Yep. Here”

I punched in my number then returned the phone. “ well, I have to go. See you next week!” I added the last part loudly because I was almost out of the hallway while saying that. I entered the cafeteria and went to look for Laura. I roamed the room until my eyes landed at James who was talking with the football players. I realized that I haven’t notice him getting out form our chem. Class a while ago. Well, honestly, I haven’t notice him since Justin came and sat with me. He was blocking my view of James. Not that I’m planning to ogle him the whole period.

I finally saw Laura at the corner texting, obviously waiting for me.

“Hey gorgeous!” I greeted her

“Well it’s about time. I’m starving” She grabbed my hand and led us to the line.

“So, are you now going to tell me or are you really planning to make me wait the whole day for your damn story Laura Grace” I playfully scolded her.

She chuckled “ Fine. Yesterday, I went to the mall alone since you are not available to go with me” she pouts and I just snickered

“Anyway, while I was buying some smoothie, this guy went to me and asked me for my number afterwards of talking and getting to know each other. We talked all night that’s why I had a good night sleep.” She finished smiling broadly

“Congratulations to you hot legs. You’ve managed to hook a meat again for the first day. Hmmm. I guess you broke the record last year” I said laughing

“Hey! Not nice!” She said laughing and hitting me at my shoulders

“Hey Laurs! Don’t hurt my baby!” Cole said putting his arms at my shoulders

“I won’t if she get back what she said” she pouts. Then continued “But she’s not your baby so hands off big guy!” shooing Cole’s arms at me.

“Fine fine!” Then when Cole wasn’t looking, she winked at me

Damn this girl. I was enjoying the moment then she ruined it. Sometimes I hate her!

Who was I kidding…I don’t hate her! Ever! I mentally laughed at my sillyness

“Hey hottie. As I really enjoying the view here from your back, I’m really hungry so could you please move just a tiny little bit?" An unfamiliar voice said behind me. I turned and saw that it was Jace. I looked passed him and to answer my unspoken question, yes he’s with James, Tyler and Isaac who was staring at me expectantly. I don’t know why though…..

OHHHHHH!

“Yeah yeah. Sorry to hold you all up.” I quickly said and went to Laura and Jace who was almost near the register. I told the lunch lady that I’ll have a burger, pizza and a large lemonade then I quickly jogged to where Laura and Cole was.

Because of my daydreaming and inner rantings though, someone got ahead of me so Cole and Laura went to our table and I was left waiting for this stupid guy who stole my place at the line.

“Sweetheart, isn’t that too much food?” said another unfamiliar voice

“Yeah. That will make you too fat. You shouldn’t eat that much. Look, your arms are getting saggy” I recognized that voice as Jace.

These boys are arrogant and jerks! They don’t have a right to tell me what I need to eat and what I don’t. My weight is a different matter, for that is a very sensitive topic for me. I don’t want to be fat again. Not anymore. I turned and glared at them. Then I saw passed them. James and Isaac are a little far and are talking with Amanda, the head cheerleader of our school.

I return my eyes at them and they were smirking at me. I glared again then turned and went towards the trash can . I dumped my food then walked to our table.

“Why did you took so long for you to get your food?” Laura demanded when I’m in earshot. Then she surveyed my hands and looked up at me

“Which you don’t have” she stated confused

“Where’s your food Jas” This time it’s Cole who’s asking

I sat beside Laura then answered their questions. “ I realized I’m not hungry” I stated coldly to shut them up. My weight is a really sensitive topic. They didn’t questioned me afterwards then continued eating.

I glanced at James and his jerks friends’ table and notice that they are having some intense discussion. James was glaring at Tyler and Jace and the two look like some afraid puppies. I laughed at their expression right now. That made me a little happy. Ha! That’s for making me question my weight again you jerks!