Chapter 17

After two horror movies, I said I needed a break from all those blood things and all the shouting and suspense. My heart can no longer take any more of those stupid stuffs. The boys all agreed and said that they are also hungry so they left and went to the main kitchen to tell the house chef. Yeah they have a house chef.

Suddenly, I heard a phone beeped. Just because of watching two horror movies in a row, I jumped when I heard it and instantly calm down when I realized that the sound just came from a phone buried in these blankets. I found it and realize that it’s James’ phone. A text message from a name Abigail was it from. Before opening it, I turn around and make sure the boys are still not back.

Abigail: Call me. I miss you.

I stared at the screen longer than I thought I did because the door suddenly opened and the boys came striding in. I quickly locked the phone and bury it under the blankets again.

“Who’s ready for another horror?” Jace yelled. “Jas I brought you some cookies. I heard that you like these things from Cole” He tossed it at me and I mumbled a thanks.

Jace sat at his usual place which is at the other end of me while Tyler is lying on the floor with the blankets. James still sat beside Jace while leaving a safe distance between us. However, Issac which sat at the L-shaped couch a while back, sat between me and James.

“Are you okay?” Wow. Is that obvious that I’m shocked with the text?

“Ah yeah. I’m fine…Actually, I need to go” I stood up and all the boys looked up at me.

“This early? Look, we can watch another movie? Let’s not watch another horror”

“But man—“ Tyler complained and Jace nudged him. “Yeah, of course we can Jas”

“No it’s okay guys. I need to do some essay for my literature class too so I’ll go ahead”

“You sure?” Isaac asked.

“Yeah. James, can I have my phone back?” He ignored me at first that I decided that I’m just going to leave it to him if he didn’t give it to me when he suddenly stood up and went towards the room where he hid my phone.

“I’ll drop you home Jas” Isaac offered. Oh this sweet boy.

“Laura’s going to pick me up but thank you Isi” I messed up his hair.

“Hey! Why you don’t do that to me? You’re picking favorites! I was the first one who talked to you remember?” Jace whined.

“Yeah you were. You told me I’m fat” I playfully glare at him.

James came back and handed me my phone. I took it and quickly text Laura to pick me up.

“I never said that Jas! You fat? Geez. You call that fat?” Jace said while pointing at my body.

“Do  you use that line to every girl you fucked?” I snickered.

“You hurt my feelings”

“Oh I thought you don’t have any”

Tyler and Isaac laughed and both said ‘burrrrrrrrrnnnnn’ at the same time. Boys.

“Well bye guys. Laura already texted me”

“I’ll see you out” James said and I nodded. I waved to the boys and ignored Isaac’s knowing look.

James lead the way to the front door where I saw Laura parked and was waiting for me.

“You okay?”

“Yeah. Bye” I said quickly and got inside Laura’s car. I can feel James gaze but I didn’t look back.