Chapter Eight

Jake's P.O.V

I hate seeing Selena leaving again. She is one of my bestfriends but I guess its good for her. I've heard what Ally, Shelby, Hunter and all the popular kids and like everyone at school does to her at school. She acts like it doesn't hurt but I know it does. I know her well enough when she is faking her feelings. I also know her well enough to know when she is going to break doen and cry. It was right before she asked what we wanted to drink, she distracted herself from the thought by asking. Its a human nature thing, trys changing the subject when it hurts, about to break or annoyed. I hate seeing her like that.

Isaiah's P.O.V

Earlier when she ran up to us crying, it made me want to break down ans cry. She is so beautiful it sucks seeing her die inside. When I was at her house one night and we were going to bed. She grabbed my hand awkwardly playing with it. She was wearing a sweater and she rearly wears them. As she was playing with my hand her sleeve went up a little I don't think she noticed though. I saw a few deep cuts along her wrist. She cuts and nobody knows. I didn't say anything I didn't want her to be forced to tell me why, or something. I knew if she didn't tell us in the first place she didn't want anyone to know so I kept quite praying every night that she would stop. She is hurting but nobody sees it. Nobody knows why. Nobody helps. I wish that I could but Selena would kill me if I said something to her now. I would ruin her day, I ruin everything. I can't do that. I stay quite so I don't accidentally say it out loud.

Keigan: "Isaiah? You okay? You are being all quite."

Me: "yeah im fine" I lie.

Keigan: "okay?" She nods. I don't answer.

They continue talking and playing random games, as I sit back not talking knowing it will come out any second.

Selena: "Isaiah, come here." She said pulling me into the kitchen with her.

Me: "what?"

Her: "what's wrong? You always talk, but you aren't right now."

Me: "I'm fine."

Her: "I've been hurt enough to know when people are fake being okay. Tell me now."

Me: "why Selena? Why? Why would you hurt yourself? I've seen the cuts Selena. You are way to beautiful to hurt yourself. You don't deserve this. Just tell me why?" I let a tear fall grabbing her arm pulling up her jacket sleeve.

Her: "Isaiah... You knew?" I nod. "You didn't tell anyone?"

Me: "I would never. Selena you shouldn't do this. You are worth more than that. You deserve life. Just tell me why"

Her: "I don't though. I don't deserve life Isaiah. Nobody understands."

Me: "what does nobody understand? I will try to."

Her: "everything. Nobody wants me her. Look at my life, my dad cheated on my mom and then went to prison when I was 13, he has been in there multiple time before that, he has been to only 3 of my birthdays, I never see him or talk to him, my mom is always working, or sleeping so I never see her and barely talk to her, my cousin tried killing me and his pregnant wife, my sister left my family, I never see her or talk to her, she meant everything to me and she just left like nothing, my brothers, Jansen and Troy.. Yeah they beat me, that's why I have all these fucking bruises and cuts all the time, they don't want me here, they tell me to kill myself, everyone at school tell me to kill myself and nobody would care, everyone in my living room are the only people that are my friends but little do I know if they are faking it, not only those things but the guy I loved more than myself fucking cheated on me and he was my only boyfriend I've had and I'm 17, I act like it doesn't hurt but really it does. He meant everything to me. He is sitting in my living room right now not knowing how much he hurt me and is one of the reasons I have cuts on myself. Now Isaiah tell me, why shouldn't I have cuts on my wrist. I have such a fucked up life but nobody knows or understands." I pause, "now you know everything and now you know the reason I want to move to California so bad, to get out of this fucked up life and have or try to have a normal life."

Me: "I.. Selena. Im.... Oh my god" I hug her tighter than ever crying.