Luke

"Okay, well, we have some free time since our boat will dock at about 4 pm. Please meet me by the docks at 4. Now, you are free to roam around. Stay safe everyone!" Flavio said and left the group to do whatever they wanted.

The elderly couple decided to sit at a gelato shop to pass the time. 

The boys and Malaya, on the other hand, had other plans. "Let's take a gondola!" Michael squealed. 

The group went to where the gondolas are docked.  "Can we all get on one?" Calum asked the gondolier. 

"Yes, yes!" he answered. The group got on the gondola quickly, switching seats to make sure the gondola is balanced. They started their ride through the canals. 

"Why do I feel like I'm obligated NOT to move a muscle?" Ashton said, doing his best to maintain his position. He looked very uncomfortable. 

"You're allowed to relax. Just don't tip us over." Luke said to him. 

Calum, Michael, and Ashton began starting a conversation with the gondolier. They learned his name was Alessandro. He was in his thirties and he's been doing this gondola thing for quite some time.

"I'm surprised you haven't whipped out your camera yet." Luke whispered to Malaya. The two were sat at the front of the boat while the three were behind them, still chatting up Alessandro.

"I'm waiting for a certain part of this ride. Similar to this photo," she said, pulling out a printed picture from her purse. "My mom took this when she was here with my dad. I wanna replicate it." 

Luke smiled at her as he held the photo in his hands. "You have so much beauty, you know that?" he blurted out, instantly regretting it once the words left his lips.

"Whatever, Hemmings." she rolled her eyes and chuckled.

They finally came across area that Malaya was talking about. She took the quickly snapped the picture and sighed out of relief after looking at it.

"Are you okay?" asked Luke. She looked like she was about to cry so it got him worried.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just miss her." Malaya said, trying to maintain her composure. 

-

After the boat ride, the group still had some spare time to go to the little market where they were selling some simple souvenirs. "You know, you were right. The canal does reek." Luke admitted to Ashton, who shrugged at him.

Michael and Calum were looking at refrigerator magnets and asking for Malaya's opinion about them. "What about this one?" Michael asked. He held a magnet in the shape of someone's underwear that had the Italian colors on it.

"Uh, that isn't- uh, classy?" Malaya said, trying her best not to squish Michael's feelings. He pouted, but still agreed with her. 

"Hey, take my picture?" Luke asked Malaya. She nodded her head and he lead her to a bridge that had a beautiful view of the canals and gondolas. 

"One, two, three...smile!" 

As the word 'smile' left her lips, Luke smiled, pulled out a rose, and extended it to the camera. Malaya snapped the photo and she couldn't help but plaster a huge, teethy smile on her face.

He neared her and gave her the ruby red flower. "In tribute of your beautiful second name." 

She giggled, took the flower in one hand, and entangled her other one with his.

-

"I hope you enjoyed the trip to Venice, folks!" Flavio said as he stood in front of the group, trying to keep his balance on he speed boat.

"Guys, did you realize that after tomorrow, we're all going home?" Michael pointed out.

The statement made both Malaya and Luke feel a shot of pain in their chests. Soon, they'd be apart and back to their normal lives. Maybe they'd have contact with each other, but who knows when they'll see each other again?

Malaya looked at Luke, who's hand she was still holding. She gave him a sad smile and he returned it the same way.

The group had gotten back on their bus and Luke did not miss the chance to sit beside the girl of his dreams. "Hey, mind if I sit here?" 

"Not at all."

He took a seat and they sat there in silence, until Malaya decided to break it. "Did you wanna ask me anything?"

"Uh- um, yeah. I- uh," Luke panicked, trying to find the right words to say. "Tomorrow's our last full day together." 

Malaya nodded her head slowly, urging him to continue. "Let's make the most out of it?"

"The whole 24 hours?"

"The whole 24 hours." 

Malaya smiled and extended her hand, "Deal."

-

Malaya

The group had returned to their hotel and into their respective rooms. 

As Malaya set down her things, her phone started to ring.

"Hello?"

"'Nak? Kamusta na yung biyahe mo?" her father asked through the phone.
(How's your travel?)

"Mabuti naman, Pa. Ba't po kayo tumawag? May problema nanaman po ba?"
(It's going good, dad. Why'd you call? Is there a problem again?)

"Um, natalo nanaman ako sa sabong, 'nak. Kailangan ko ng pera. Pwede ka bang magpadala dito?"
(Um, I lost in a gamble again. I need money. Can you send some here?)

Malaya felt her blood boil. She felt so angry and upset, but still maintained her composure. "Nag-iwan na nga ako ng pera para sa inyo. Malaki na iyon! Diba sabi ko, algaan mo yung pera na 'yon? Hindi din naman ako nagtatrabaho ngayon, Pa."
(I already left money with you. That was a lot! Didn't I say, take care of that money? I'm not even working right now, dad.)

"Pasensya ka na, 'nak. Wala na talaga akong pera ngayon." 
(I'm sorry. I really don't have money right now.)

"Edi mag-hanap ka ng paraan!" and with that, she hung up on him.
(Then, look for a way!)

-

oof

sis be mad

yeah ok i know its a short ass chapter

and a not so good one 

bear with me

share, comment, and vote! <3

- v.d.