#5: I'm sorry

(Taehyun's POV)

It isn't a dangerous injury, but Beomgyu still returned with a cotton ball in his nose. He looks absolutely cute and I wanted to hug him. So I did. He was warm and feels like hugging a giant teddy bear. He smells of body wash and the nurse's office and it tingles my nose. 

He went to sleep early, leaving me with my thoughts. It's getting more and more complicated and I'm starting to get really, really messed up. It's like I'm acknowledging his presence every time in my head, his mere breathing making me smile like an idiot, and it just feels so right doing ridiculous things with him. It's like I'm reminded of my childhood, a warm feeling I had never been able to recreate, and now it's here. It's just oh-so overwhelming. 

I get to bed and flop down, closing the lights. It's almost twelve o'clock and due to the surprise before, I failed to notice that Kai hasn't come back yet. He isn't the kind of person that goes to late-night parties. I've known him for almost ten years, and we knew everything about each other--well, of course, I didn't tell him about my little "crush". That's far too personal, not even info available to my own family. You can note this down--I prefer to keep crushes secret. 'Cause that's sort of the whole point. 

Then there was a loud bump, and through my open bedroom door, I can see the front door opening. I wriggled out of my blankets and got closer to the door, to see who's inside. Then someone suddenly grabbed me and tugged me to the ground. 

I looked down and saw a brown mass of curly hair. " Kai, get off-" " Let me hold you for a second," and I noticed that he was crying and his voice sounds weird. " You're drunk, go wash and talk tomorrow, okay?" " I'm sorry," he said, his voice breaking. " I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, forgive me Tae." " What? You didn't do anything," " The picture, I-I sent it, I'm sorry, forgive me-"

" What?" I grabbed his shoulders and shook them vigorously, " What? What picture? Tell me!" And he looked up at me, tears streaking his face. " The picture? The one of me? The one today?" I shook him harder and he choked out, " I thought he would leave you finally, you made me do it," and I sort of lost it. 

" What? What do you mean? Why? How?" I tugged at his shirt collar with all my strength. " I like you, you idiot," he said, then suddenly he laughed. It irritated me and scared me, really, seeing him laughing like he's lost his marbles. " You like him, don't you? I knew, I knew all along; I loved you from the very start, don't you know? I was there for you every time, helping you in any way I could, and now you run off liking someone else. You're not the stupid one, I am, for loving you! I tried one last time, to make you see, but now I know I'm absurd to think that the Kang Taehyun will ever like me back! I'm the stupid one, I'm the absurd one, I'm the worst person in the world, I should've never met you then none of this will happen-" and I turned around to see Gyu standing in the doorway.  

He was still wearing his soft pajamas and his cute bedhead, but his expression might have scarred me forever. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm playing the comeback preview on loop and I'm already in love with the songs! My current favorite is Maze in the Mirror, which is produced by Beomgyu and the lyrics are written by the members! We stan talented kings!

It's currently Sunday so I still managed to update, right? I'm sorry for making Kai the antagonist btw. I'll try to make my chapters a little longer and I'm thinking of making a plotline since my previous chapters are all written without one, and perhaps I'll manage to make a better plot with one. Thank you for the votes too!