Chapter 13: Miraculous Island

~Melissa's POV~

I woke up to the sound of shouts. I climbed down from the hammock and looked to see everyone running to the front deck. I ran to the deck to see an island with a dock and temple. Marinette walked up to me.

"There it is. Miraculous Island." I said. I felt hands on my back trying to push me forward into the water. I turned to see Chole. Before she tried to shove me again, an arrow landed near my right foot. I turned to see a guy in a type of armor. 

I realized what the armor was. I ran back to my room and threw a hoodie on. I pulled on shorts and sandals. I ran back out. I found Meilin. 

"Arctican solders. They know what I and you look like. Get a hoodie on." I said and Meilin ran to her cabin. One of the soldiers was on the boat talking to us. 

"Welcome to Miraculous Island. You're in for quite a treat here. We discovered the High Chieftess and the princess here on your boat. We like to take them back to Arctica." The soldier said. Abeke came out of nowhere and glared at him. 

"We can't understand a thing you're saying," Abeke said. I pulled out a crossbow and loaded an arrow. I aimed at the guy's arm. I saw him grab Abeke by the head and lifted her into the air like a small child. I saw Abeke struggle to get out of the soldier's grasp. I shot the arrow but missed. The soldier looked at me. 

"Who are you?" The soldier asked. 

"I'm Kiara. An ex-soldier of the old war in Arctica. I was one of High Chieftess Bahari's soldiers before being banished to here." I lied. 

"She's lying! Her name is Melissa! She hel-" Adrien started to say when Worthy slapped a hand over Adrien's mouth. The soldier looked at me.

"What is your real name?" The soldier asked. I shot Adrien a glare. I felt a sharp pain in my arm to see a throwing knife in my arm. 

"Let me ask you again. Who are you?" The soldier asked and kicked me to the ground.

"A**hole. That was my favorite move to fight with. I'm Melissa."  I said and shot the arrow at his shoulder. The arrow cracked the armor and everyone scattered. The soldier pulled the arrow out of his shoulder and kicked me. 

I caught his leg and I threw him over my shoulder. I chi blocked the guard and knocked him out.  I tied him up. Scarlett ran over to me and I nodded. 

"Scarlett, Sharpen my Scales!" I yelled and Ladybug and Chat Noir ran into me.

"Come on. Mari, you need to release your owl now." I said. Marinette released Siku from dormant state. The owl screeched and the sky turned from day to night. The soldiers looked at us in confusion. 

One went up to Marinette but Adrien got in front of them. 

"Don't touch her!" He yelled but was shoved out of the way. I knew too well what the soldier was going to do. 

The soldier drew his sword and was about to stab Marinette when I casted a spell making the solider go through the boat and into the water. The soldiers looked at me in pure terror. I walked out of the hall and to the front deck. The soldier looked at me. 

"Scarlett, dull scales," I said and detransformed. The soldiers bowed down to me. 

"Stand down and let them pass. You know your place. I will not return to Arctica. When the time is right, I will return. You will not speak of this day." I declared and they nodded and I nodded. 

The boat moved forward again to the dock and landed. I walked off the boat and helped people onto the dock. Siku turned the sky to day. Marinette and Adrien were detransformed and was carrying the miracle box. I grabbed my luggage from the boat and the spellbook. One of the soldiers wanted to help me but I shook my head. I walked out and went to one of the on-water houses. I was stopped by one of the soldiers.

"Go to the castle-like houses." The soldier said. 

"Go back to your post," I said and air bent my luggage onto one of the platforms and opened the door. There was a mini kitchen, a bathroom, a 4K TV, a PS4,  and a loft with a bed. 

I went into the loft and put my stuff into the closet. I opened the spellbook and read it. I used most of these spells before but one caught my eye. A phoenix killing poison. I tore the page out and burned it. Somebody knocked on my door. I climbed down from the loft and opened the door to see Worthy. 

"Let me guess. The soldiers want you to be my roommate." I asked and wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"Pretty much. Bridie." Worthy teased and I playfully slapped him. 

"Well, Chaton. You better get used to it." I teased back. I stole Marinette's puppy name for Adrien. 

"You stole that name didn't you?" Worthy asked and I kissed his cheek.

"Pretty much," I said. I opened my laptop and went onto Wattpad. This book called Dragons and Water by Meg N is really good. I love how Meilin and Monika always care about each other. 

Too bad Meg N is working on a different book and may not be completing it. (This is true. I may not complete it. Sorry!) Worthy turned the TV on and started the PS4. I played a bit of Roblox and League of Legends and before we knew it, it was the evening. I made myself a quick dinner and then changed and went to sleep. I felt Worthy stir a bit and I wrapped my arms around him and fell asleep.

~The next morning~

I woke up to the sound of knocking at my door. I turned my phone on and looked at the time. 10 am. 

"S**t!" I yelled and changed into shorts and a crop top. I pulled Scarlett's anklet on and shook Worthy to death to wake him up. I didn't work so I did this. I bent some water into my hand and hovered it over his face. I dropped it and he woke up. Worthy looked at me.

"You finally woke up. At 10:45 exactly." I said and walked to the door where the person was still knocking. I opened the door to see Marinette, the kwamis, and Adrien. 

"Can we come in?" Tikki asked and I nodded. They all went in and Worthy was getting dressed. Worthy fell from the loft and he was shirtless. I facepalmed myself. 

"Remember? Stay away from the loft edge?" I said and Worthy stood up. I yeeted him a shirt and Worthy put it on. We talked for a little while before my head started to ache a bit. 

I rubbed my temples and Worthy looked at me. My vision changed a bit and everything was black and white. I realized that this was Paris and two people with white hair. They turned around and I realized that it was Marinette and Adrien. I gasped. They had a scar over their right or left eye and I saw Marinette's bracelet was black and Adrien's glove was also black.

"Adrien? Marinette? What happened?" I asked.

"It's Alpha wolf and Blacken bug. Marinette and Adrien are gone!" Adrien yelled. 

They ran towards me and I ran away. I jumped into the canal. I water bent an air bubble for me to breathe and I looked to find myself. The wings were black. I put my hands on my mouth in shock. I was dead. They caught up to me and I realized they were benders. They broke the water bubble and killed me. My vision changed back to the house and everyone was looking at me.

"Mel? What's wrong?" Adrien asked. I stood up and saw my wings were white faded to blue. I walked into the back porch and looked at the sunset. Worthy walked and stood next to me. 

"Tell me what happened," Worthy said. I hugged him and cried. Worthy petted my hair. 

"I-I saw the future. Marinette and Adrien both get akumatized. I saw millions of bodies. I was one of them. T-they w-were b-b-black. I never saw you, my sister, Abeke, and the kwamis. I never saw Lily's tattoo on the dead me." I managed to get out before breaking down in tears again. I fell to the porch floor and Worthy held me in his arms.

~The creator's POV~

Everyone inside heard the words that Melissa released from her mouth before breaking down. Adrien looked at Marinette. The kwamis walked outside to give Melissa the comfort she needed. Hawkmoth felt the pain all the way from Edras and went into action. By trying to akumatize Melissa again. He made the akuma and it flew to the portal. Melissa may never be ready for what's coming. 

♥♕♫♕♥