49.

{Awsten's POV}

It had been four months since we adopted Levi and Willow. Things felt perfect. We were a true family like we had all always wanted us to be. Tori was getting back in the routine of working as a photographer, no longer on tours, but rather at local venues and for personal photo shoots. I was working on more songs and taking more time to learn about myself and my creative talents. Levi had grown out of his shy shell and made so many friends. Willow finally started to get her front teeth, along with dozens of skinned knees and memories made along the way. Things were perfect.

"Awsten, I'm pregnant." Tori announces, breaking me out of my thoughts. I look up to see her standing in front of me holding a pregnancy test. Positive.

"How did you-"

"I went to the doctor last week because I was showing symptoms. He told me to take the test. Here I am. Pregnant." She says, covering her mouth his her hand as she looks down at the results.

"Tori, what can I do?"

"We don't tell the kids yet. Not until I know for sure. I won't let them get their hearts broken like I- we did." She says firmly, taking a deep breath. I stop to think for a moment before nodding.

"Okay, we keep this to ourselves until you're ready." I say, holding my arms open and she instinctively fits in between my arms like they were made just to hold and protect her.

"I love you." She says against my neck and I smile to myself.

"That never fails to give me butterflies. I love you most." I say before kissing her head.

"Mom. Dad." Levi says as he walks into the room, dropping his backpack to the floor. We look over to see him absolutely covered in red clay mud and water.

"Levi, what did you do?"

"Someone accidentally hit the fire hydrant on south street when Cody and I-"

"Wait wait wait. Who is Cody?" I ask and Tori narrows her eyes.

"The more important question is are you okay?" She asks, walking over to assess the situation. They talk to each other while Tori gently cleans him off and he protests but fails against her stubborn attempts.

"Levi?" A random voice comes from the door and I dart my head towards it to see a tall blonde standing there, opening the door. His eyes widen as he sees me and he quickly pulls the door shut and goes to leave.

"I think not." I say, pulling the door open, grabbing the back of his shirt before pulling him into the house.

"Boys. Explain." Tori says crossing her arms.

"We were just hanging out and a car pulls up and-" Levi starts to explain before the blonde boy interrupts.

"It's not his fault. Its mine." He says, rubbing the side of his arm, shifting his weight to one leg. I narrow my eyes.

"I take it that you're Cody?" I ask and he nods some.

"Y-yes sir." He stutters out as I look down as his pants that were muddy and stained, not with mud but blood.

"What happened to you Cody?" I ask and he shakes his head, trying to hide it.

"Kid you're bleeding out on my living room floor. You are going to either tell me what happened or I'm going to call an ambulance and make them explain."