ℂ𝕖𝕝𝕖𝕓𝕣𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝔸 ℂ𝕒𝕜𝕖

Tom and Harrison are waiting outside the university, leaning against Tom's car. It's finally results day and like tradition, Tom always shows up. Only this time, with Harrison.

Harrison has been doing alright these past few days, because he's falling deeper in love with Y/N. He's always happy and he's always looking after himself to impress Y/N and he's also making sure Y/N is alright. He treats her differently from all the other girls he's dated. He normally just asks them straight up if they want to be his girlfriend, but with Y/N? He wants to do it the old fashioned way with all the courting and stuff. Tom mentioned before that Y/N finds it cute when a guy courts her first rather than straight up asking her if she wants to be their girlfriend.

"That's why she's never had a boyfriend before. Every time a guy asks her to be their girlfriend, she'd turn them down. She wants to be courted, because she figures it's right to know the person who she'll potentially be with before stepping into a relationship with them." Tom says.

With this in mind, Harrison thinks it's best to ask Tom for permission if he can court his best friend. After all, Y/N knows Tom for a long time and Harrison doesn't know where Y/N's family is.

"Hey Tom?" Harrison says. Tom looks at him but says nothing. "Is it alright if I court Y/N?" Harrison asks his best mate. Tom beams and says, "Yeah! I trust you, mate. I knew you'd like her!" Tom smirks as Harrison blushes.

A few minutes later, Y/N comes running out the building with a huge grin on her face. She looks around for a while and sees Tom and Harrison waiting. She runs to them and she immediately hugs Tom. Not being able to contain her emotions, she bursts into tears.

Thinking that she failed, Tom frowns, "It's okay, Y/N. You'll get it next time. I'm sure they'd give you a chance to take it again." He rubs her back and hugs her tightly.

Harrison frowns, thinking that he failed as a study buddy.

Y/N pulls away from Tom and wipes her tears, "Tom, I didn't fail. I passed. I fucking passed! In fact, I got a perfect score!"

Tom and Harrison look at her with wide eyes and they engulf her in a big group hug. The three of them cheered like there's no tomorrow. They pull away and she looks at Harrison, "Thank you so much for helping me in studying. It means so much to me."

Harrison smiles, "It's honestly no problem. I'm so proud of you!" They smile at each other as Tom looks at them with a satisfied smile on his face.

-

A week later, it's Y/N's graduation. The only ones who attend are Harrison and Tom. Of course at this point, Harrison is still courting Y/N. He doesn't give up, though. He doesn't take 'no' for an answer when he likes someone. He knows that Y/N won't give in for a while, but he thinks that she'll be worth it.

Y/N graduates at the top of her class and the boys are extremely proud of her. Her family aren't there to go to her graduation, because they basically disowned her when she said she wanted to be a lawyer. They wanted her to be an accountant like all of them, but Y/N marches to the beat of her own drum so, she followed what she wanted and vowed to herself that she'll be a successful lawyer.

When she got kicked out, she told Tom and he let her stay with him until she got back on her feet. This is why Tom is always looking out for Y/N, because he's the only one she has. Tom doesn't mind, though. He treats her as his sister.

"I'm so proud of you!" Tom cries, hugging Y/N. She cries too and smiles as she thanks him. Harrison smiles and takes a candid picture of the joyful moment that's happening before his eyes.

Y/N pulls away and goes to hug Harrison. Of course, he gladly hugs back and tells her how proud he is. They pull away from each other and Y/N looks at them for a while.

"What's the plan, Y/N?" Harrison asks, shrugging.

"I have to pass the board exam; that's the next step, Haz." Y/N says, determined to pass. She wants to prove her family that she can do it without them and she wants to prove herself that she can do anything she set her mind to.

"And I, we, believe that you will." Harrison says, sweetly.

"Yes, because we'll here every step of the way." Tom nods. "Let's celebrate!"

"Let's take pictures before we go and celebrate, though. This would be fun to look back to!" Y/N giggles. They all take pictures together before celebrating.

-

Months later, It's Y/N's birthday and Tom is planning a small party at his place with his family and Harrison. Tom is so stressed with planning the whole thing, because he wants everything to be perfect. He knows that Y/N doesn't like big celebrations, but she deserves a perfect one.

"Haz, text Y/N and tell her there's an emergency." Tom instructs.

"What if she asks what kind of emergency?" Harrison asks. Tom, due to all the stress, pinches the bridge of his nose and closes his eyes. He puts his free hand on his waist and calmly says, "Haz, you're an actor too. Use your acting skills through texting."

"What? Ho–"

"You obviously lie, Haz!" Tom shouts. "Seriously, are you okay?! Are you thinking?!"

Harrison puts his hands up in defense and texts Y/N about an 'emergency'. Harrison isn't mad at Tom; he understands his stress. 'The planning and all his projects are getting to him', Harrison thinks.

A few minutes later, Harrison announces, "Y/N says she's almost here!"

Tom claps his hands, "Alright, everyone! It's show time! Let's hide!" Everyone goes to their hiding spot whilst Tom runs to hide near where the light switch is. He turns off all of the lights and waits for Y/N to arrive.

A second later, they hear keys jingling, signaling that Y/N is unlocking the door. Y/N enters the dark flat and as soon as she switches the lights on, everyone jumps out of their hiding spot to yell, "Surprise!"

Y/N jumps a bit and she smiles at the sight she's seeing. "Aww, you guys! You didn't have to!"

"It was Tom's plan." Harry says with a grin.

Y/N looks at Tom, who's standing next to her. Tom just nods and leads her to the dining area. They all sing her a happy birthday as Sam lights the candle.

"Alright, Y/N. Make a wish." Sam smiles. Y/N closes her eyes for a moment to make a wish before blowing the candle.

"Haz bought the cake." Tom mentions as he hands out plates to everyone.

"Thanks, Haz." Y/N smiles at him. Harrison smiles back and says, "No problem."

"You better get used to it, though. I won't be the one buying you cakes anymore." Tom says sadly.

"What? Why not?" Y/N frowns. "You always buy me cakes every year. It's a tradition."

"Traditions change." Tom says, patting her back. "Besides, you've got a new cake provider."

"Who?" Y/N asks.

"Me." Harrison says nervously. "I'll be buying you cakes for your birthday, for Christmas, for New Years, and basically for every holiday and celebration. Or even when you feel like eating cakes."

Everyone is staring at them with a twinkle in their eyes. Harrison and Y/N clearly like each other by now and it's making everyone in the room happy for them.

"You'll do that for me?" Y/N asks softly.

"Yeah. Unless, you don't want me to." Harrison says, with a slight frown as the thought pops in his head.

"Of course, I want you to. It'll be fun." Y/N giggles lightly.

"Look, what I'm trying to say is–" Harrison stops himself as he looks at Tom for support. Tom nods his head and gives him a thumbs up.

"Is what?" Y/N asks.

"Will you be my g–"

"Yes." Y/N answers immediately with a smile appearing on both hers and Harrison's faces.