𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝔹𝕚𝕣𝕥𝕙𝕕𝕒𝕪 𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣

It's Y/N's birthday today and she isn't happy at all. Everyone gave her a hard time at work; Harrison wasn't even there. They just called her in to help with things for the shoot the next day. The barista at Starbucks got her order wrong, the lunch she had didn't taste good at all, and it's sad to say that her special day wasn't so special.

Her family didn't even greet her a happy birthday and it hurt her tremendously. Only Tom cared enough to greet her and personally deliver a box of her favorite cupcakes to her work place. Tom didn't stay long, though. But Y/N understood.

Y/N arrives home looking so tired and as soon as she enters Harrison's flat, there's mess everywhere. She inhales sharply, putting her bag and the box of leftover cupcakes on the foyer table before cleaning up.

"Oh hey, Y/N!" Harrison smiles as he descends from the stairs. "Happy birthday!" He approaches her to give her a kiss, but she stayed away from him. It upset him, but shrugged it off, thinking that she didn't have the best day. He opened the box on the foyer table and grabbed a cupcake, "Who bought these?"

"Tom. He personally gave it to me at work today." Y/N answers. "Ahh." He nods.

His reaction made her really sad, because a year ago she had a birthday party with important people in her life and now it isn't like that. She remembers it like it was yesterday.

Y/N enters the dark flat and as soon as she switches the lights on, everyone jumps out of their hiding spot to yell, "Surprise!"

Y/N jumps a bit and smiles at the sight she's seeing, "Aww, you guys! You didn't have to!"

"It was Tom's plan." Harry says with a grin.

"Y/N looks at Tom, who's standing next to her. Tom just nods and leads her to the dining area. They all sing her a happy birthday as Sam lights the candle.

"Alright, Y/N. Make a wish." Sam smiles. Y/N closes her eyes for a moment to make a wish before blowing the candle.

"Haz bought the cake." Tom mentions as he hands out plates to everyone.

"Thanks, Haz." Y/N smiles at him. Harrison smiles back and says, "No problem."

"You better get used to it, though. I won't be the one buying you cakes anymore." Tom says sadly.

"What? Why not?" Y/N frowns. "You always buy me cakes every year. It's tradition."

"Traditions change." Tom says, patting her back. "Besides, you've got a new cake provider."

"Who?" Y/N asks.

"Me." Harrison says nervously. "I'll be buying you cakes for your birthday, for Christmas, for New Years, and basically for every holiday and celebration. Or even when you feel like eating cakes."

Y/N slightly smiles at the memory, but immediately frowns to see that everything can change in a year.

"Happy anniversary, Y/N." Harrison says. "I'm sorry I didn't prepare anything. I literally just remembered and-"

"Of fucking course you didn't have anything prepared. You had the whole fucking day, Haz!" Y/N sighs.

"Hey, I was tired from yesterday! Don't blame me for wanting to rest!" Harrison raises his voice.

"And don't you think that I deserve rest too?! Haz, I've been working for you and I've been working with you for MONTHS now and I haven't had at least ONE day off. You always give me errands to do and I don't even go home to my flat anymore! I don't even remember the last time I saw it or what it looks like!"

"So what're you saying? Are you angry? Do you want to hit me to release your anger?!" He shouts, grabbing her hand and hitting himself on the face with it. "There! Hit me! Let it out!"

Y/N pulls her hand away, walking to the living room as Harrison follows her, "Jesus, Y/N just tell me what's up with you! You've been acting so different and cold and it's not helping our situation when you can't even fucking tell me what's wrong!"

Y/N ignores him and just cleans up the mess in the living room.

"Are you tired, huh?! Are you fucking tired?! Y-"

"YES, I'M FUCKING TIRED, HARRISON!!" Y/N yells at the top of her lungs causing Harrison to shut up. They look at each other in silence. It was so silent, you could hear a pin drop.

"I'm so fucking tired." Y/N says, sitting down on the couch as she finally breaks down after all those months of holding it in. "And I thought giving up studying for my board exam would lessen it. Damn, I was wrong."

"I'm tired of fitting myself and forcing myself in your lifestyle, I'm tired of seeing girls around you all the time, I'm tired of always being the one to understand you, I'm tired of working, I'm tired of constantly being dragged to stupid clubs but I can't just leave you because no one will help you or take care of you." Y/N is crying hysterically at this point.

"I'm tired of cleaning up after you." Y/N cries, looking around at the messy flat. "I'm tired of you yelling at me like I've done something wrong."

"And out of all of them, I'm mostly tired of hoping that the Harrison I loved will come back." Y/N's voice cracks and she cries again.

Harrison just stands there looking at her with tears in his own eyes, "So, what now? Is it not working out anymore? Do you want to break up?"

"I don't know. All I know is that I'm tired of everything and I don't want to see you right now. I'll go back to my flat." Y/N tells him as she stands up to get her stuff from the foyer and leaving the flat.

As much as it pains Harrison to see her leave, he knew he had to let go. It'll be for the best.