ℂ𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕗𝕖𝕤𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟𝕤

Ever since that night at Harrison's place, Harrison decided it was a good idea to court her. In other words, he'll do the things he's done before when he was courting her. He's always bringing her to work, buying her lunch, picking her up from work, buying her dinner, etc. And even if he's not around (because he has a job too), he sends Y/N flowers and letters.

He's doing level up stuff as well. He knew it'd be too forward to ask her to temporarily move in with him and he wasn't ready for that anyway. So, he paid for Y/N's rent, fixed the leak on her roof, bought her a fan in case she doesn't want to use the AC and he even paid someone to fix her AC. 

Y/N didn't even ask him to do all of those things, but she was grateful. However, she's feeling a bit overwhelmed and confused with her feelings towards Harrison. Surely if he wanted her back, he should've tried that as soon as she left, so why now?

-

"Oh, she's not here." Mitch tells Harrison when he arrives with a bouquet of flowers and lunch. Harrison's smile falls and he furrows his eyebrows, "Where is she?"

"She's at home. She's taking a week off starting today." Mitch shrugs, turning his attention back to the important files in front of him. "Thanks, Mitch!" Harrison calls as he runs out the office. He immediately drives to your place as soon as he got in his car. He didn't know why he was in a hurry, but all he knew was he wanted to get there fast.

He arrives at Y/N'S apartment building and immediately grabs the things he got for her before getting out of the car and walking to her door.

Y/N's sitting on the floor of her living room with books scattered everywhere. The coffee table was moved somewhere and to be honest, she forgot where it is. For some reason, it was cold even with the AC and fan off so she's currently wrapped in a fuzzy blanket. She's too busy reading when she hears someone knocking on her door. Her head lifts up from her book and scrunches her face in confusion as she stands up to open the door.

"That's weird. I told Mitch to fuck off." Y/N tells herself before opening the door. She gasps, not expecting Harrison with a bouquet of flowers and lunch. "Harrison..." she breathes.

"Hello, love!" Harrison smiles. "May I come in?"

"Oh, right! Sure!" She opens the door wider as Harrison comes in. She closes the door and Harrison kicks off his shoes. "I got these for you." he hands her the flowers and the lunch.

"Thank you." she smiles as she takes them. "I've just been studying." She puts the flowers in a vase and brings the food to the living room. Harrison follows and they both sit on the floor. Harrison grabs a random book and asks, "According to the SRA Code of Conduct 2011, this body is a body recognized by the SRA under section 9 of the Administration of Justice Act 1985. This is a solicitor or Registered European lawyer (REL) authorized by the SRA under section 1B of the to practice as a blank. Who is this?"

"This is Patrick." she jokes.

Harrison laughs, "I'm serious."

"Fine." she thinks for awhile. "Recognized body or sole practitioner?"

Harrison nods, "That's correct!" He flips through random pages and proceeds to ask her questions as she eats her lunch. They also write notes together. 

A few hours pass by and they're both putting the books away in one corner. "Thank you for helping me study." Y/N smiles as she sits on the couch and sighs tiredly.

"No problem." Harrison says, mimicking her actions. "I don't want you to stop your dream again, anyway."

Y/N looks at him and frowns, "What are you really doing, Harrison? Like, what's your goal? Do you want me to be your friend or something?"

"I want you back, Y/N." Harrison admits. She turns away from him and sits up, "Why?"

"Because I want to set things right and I want to be there for you when you become the country's best lawyer. I want to be yours again." 

"Why?" Y/N's beginning to get frustrated.

"Because I love you!"

"Why do you love me, then? Huh? Tell me!" Y/N is fully looking at him now. Harrison looks at her and whispers, "I don't have a reason to love you. I don't need reasons to love you. I just do." 

She stays quiet.

"Do you love me?" Harrison asks. He bites his lip, scared of her answer.

"Of course I love you." she cries. "I haven't stopped."

Harrison opens his mouth to speak but Y/N cuts her off, "I think it's unfair that two years later, you come into my life again and the efforts I did to move on is all gone! My world started to revolve around you again and I fucking hate how easy it is for you to come into my life like that!"

"You even upped your game! But no matter what you've done recently, you haven't even said sorry and it's confusing me, because I don't what I should feel about you."

"I'm sorry for ruining your life. I'm sorry for everything I've done." Harrison cries too. "But please just take me back and I promise you everything will change."

"You've made promises before. How is your promise different from all your promises last time?" she sniffs.

"I mean it this time and if I don't keep this promise, I'll let you go and you'll be happy. Just please give me another chance. I love you." he pleads. "I'm sorry I fucked up."

"I need time to think." she says in a soft voice. Harrison nods and stands up, "I love you. Please don't doubt that. No matter what I did before, please don't ever doubt my love for you."

Harrison puts his shoes on and leaves.

"What am I going to do?" she asks herself.

It's times like this when she wishes she has a family. Yes, she has Tom and she knows she's always welcome. But it's different. It's still different.

* * * *

short update for y'all

this is ending soon just saying

Source: lawsociety.org.uk/for-the-public/legal-glossary/