𝔻𝕒𝕥𝕖

"Lunch trade time, Y/N!" Harrison smiles at her as he walks to her desk with a paper bag. He takes Y/N's lunch and puts his on her desk. "I hope you don't mind eating something home cooked." 

Y/N looks at the paper bag in front of her before looking up at Harrison. She warily points at the paper bag and asks, "You... cooked this?" Harrison grabs a chair and sits across from Y/N. He looks at her just nods as he takes out the food from the bag and eating it.

"Wow. That's new." Y/N shrugs, mimicking Harrison's actions. "Mitch still isn't here. I miss him. He's back at his hometown, because his grandpa just died."

"Oh." is all Harrison says. "Give him my condolences."

"Okay."

They eat in awkward silence. Harrison clears his clears his throat and says, "So, how was your day so far?" 

"It was surprisingly not stressful."

"That's good." Harrison nods, taking a bite of his food. "How's the food?"

"You know, it's really good! You really outdone yourself." she smiles at him politely. "I like it."

"Sam helped me." Harrison shrugs. Y/N nods, "Yeah, he's great. I miss him."

"He misses you too." he says with a small smile.

"I'm going on a date tonight." Y/N blurts out. Harrison looks at her as his face falls. He couldn't believe what she just said. He wants to get his girl back, but she's going on a date with someone else.

Y/N takes his silence for her to continue, "Yeah, his name is Mark. I went to Ainsworth with him and we bumped into each other last week and he said that he's free tonight so he asked me out to dinner. I, uh, said yes. I figured I need to put myself back out there in the market seeing as it's been two years."

Harrison just nods, "Okay. Will you go home first to change your clothes or will you go straight to the restaurant? Not that there's anything wrong with your outfit today; you look really beautiful. I just asked, because maybe you wanted to freshen up before your date or something." He rambles, still trying to process what Y/N said to him.

"I'll go home first and then I'll go to the restaurant."

"...Can I still give you a ride home?" Harrison looks at her shyly. She just nods as she finishes her food.

-

Harrison sits on the couch and checks the time on his phone.

9:45 PM

'She's probably enjoying her date right now.' he thinks. He sighs and calls Tom. It rings for a while and Tom picks up on the fifth ring. "Haz? What's up?" Tom asks.

"She's on a date with some guy named Mark and she's probably having a good time." Harrison rants.

"At least she's having a good time. She wasn't having a good time doing your chores, that's for sure." Tom chuckles, knowing damn well it would annoy Harrison. And it did.

"Yeah, I got that." Harrison snaps. "You don't have to fucking rub it in my face."

"I know, but's just funny!" Tom laughs. "Anyway, just be her friend if this date goes well. Maybe you guys aren't meant for each other." Harrison could imagine Tom shrugging it off like it's nothing.

"But Tom I need her!" Harrison sighs.

"I get that, but when she needed you, where were you?" Tom asks, suddenly getting angry. "You weren't there, were you? Where were you when she did all of your work? Where were you when she called me to pick her up from the place where the board exam was supposed to be held, because she told them to remove her name from the list? Where were you when she was crying to me about how it was hard for her to let go of the one thing she loved doing just so she could attend to ALL of your needs?"