Chapter Twenty

Tom Pov:
*One Year Later*

It's been one year since the fall of the Almighty Red Leader, the only problem now is trying to stop Tord's replacement. Someone has taken the place of Red Leader, he calls himself the "Red Avenger". Which I don't understand why he's a avenger if he's the one attacking others, but that's the name he's given himself. From what I hear, he was voted into becoming the new leader of the Red Army.

Except this "Red Avenger" guy doesn't just do constant wars with undertrained soldiers like Tord did, apparently what he likes to do is to take out national leaders around the world and leave the areas leaderless until he can prove to them that he'd bring them a prosperous and joyous future, which many places do take that offer while others refuse, which when they refuse.. he burns their towns to the ground and kills families until they agree to letting him take over.

But what's most weird about this guy.. is that he never shows his face and no one knows his name or voice. He hides behind a red and black devil mask and he wears a red, black, and gold assassin suit, it's said that only the people who voted for him know his face, name, and voice since he never talks for some reason.

 He hides behind a red and black devil mask and he wears a red, black, and gold assassin suit, it's said that only the people who voted for him know his face, name, and voice since he never talks for some reason

🔼Red Avenger's Outfit🔼Yes I know the suit is from Assassins Creed, but the outfit suits what my mind imagines the suit as, so I'm using it

Yes I know the suit is from Assassins Creed, but the outfit suits what my mind imagines the suit as, so I'm using it

I've never met him in person, so I have no idea what he's like. He could be a brutal person with a good voice for speeches, but we wouldn't know since he never talks and only appears when assassinating important people.. Beside that, he doesn't show up in person and ask for leadership, instead he sends a letter to the area that has become leaderless and patiently waits for a response.

Part of me wants to hate him since he's the bad guy, but I can only hate someone I know is scum from experience or pure fact. Which this guy.. this fucking guy, is what I see as a calm substitute for a megalomania communist. Because from what I know, is that he doesn't charge into battle like a crazed power loving maniac that's childhood dream is to take over the world.

I sigh as I look down at my wrist where my bracelet permanently stays, who am I kidding? I still love that power freak with all my heart.. even after a whole year of him being dead... and I can't even imagine myself moving on.

I hear a knock at my door, so I ask, "Who is it?" as I cover the bracelet on my wrist with my sleeve and sit up in my desk chair.

"It's Edd! I have something important to talk to you about!" I hear a familiar voice say from outside the office door.

"Oh, come on in Edd," I reply and Edd opens the door, walking in with a odd envelope in his hand.

He closes the door behind him and says, "This envelope came in the mail, it has a red wax seal with the letters "RA" as the design. Which I can only assume it's from Red Avenger since that's his initials," Edd walks over to my desk and places the envelope on my desk. "I was hoping we could read it together, honestly I'm kind of scared to read it alone.."

"Yeah don't worry about it, I'll read it to you," I grab my envelope opener from in my desk drawer.

"Thanks, you're the best Tom,"

"I know," I then open up the envelope and pull out the paper inside, I unfold the paper and begin to read what it says. "Dear Rebellion leaders, I am hosting a party with sophisticated individuals such as yourselves and I would be delighted if you were to all come along. I have put a life barrier on the building I am having the party in, so there is no way I can kill and/or attack you. I put the address on the back of this paper, so I hope to see you there at 8:00 PM tomorrow," I raise a eyebrow. "Love, Red Avenger."

"A party?" Edd asks with confusion on his face. "Why would he host a party if he doesn't want people knowing his voice or face? Kind of suspicious.."

"No shit it's suspicious," I sigh and place the paper down. "But this is the perfect opportunity to get to know the guy, a friendly conversation can help a lot in the mission to save the world."

Edd doesn't know the relationship Tord and I had before he died, and I plan to keep it that way. He doesn't need to know that I loved such a person, he'd probably see me differently if he found out.

"I suppose you're right, getting to know the enemy will probably help us in the future," Edd says then looks down with a worried look. "It's just that someone who wears a devil mask is kind of creepy..."

"We'll have to endure it,"

"Aren't you scared?" I move my eyes away from Edd with a deep breath. "A silent enemy can be even more frightening than one who speaks."

I look back to Edd and say, "I know it's frightening Edd, that's why I'm going to be the one to take down this new threat. So don't worry about it, because I'm not afraid."

Edd softly smiles, "You were never afraid Tom.. and I'm sure someone like this won't make you afraid."

"Thank you Edd,"