Chapter Nine

**A: Harper; B: Kat; C: Copper; D: Jocelyn; E: April; F: Bella**

Cooper's POV

The venue Aurora chose was beautiful but I was quite shocked when she asked me to be one of her bridesmaids; nevertheless, I was honored and had agreed to be one. I laid my dress over the back of my chair and said hello to all the ladies in the room; I was taken a back when Jocelyn walked through the doors. I heard a few shocked gasps come from some of the woman, seeing that none of us expected her to come today knowing that she is about to finalize her divorce in three days. 

She looked a bit lost as she walked in; she smiled and said hello to everyone and found her designated vanity. She sat her bags down and a gloomy look quickly came and went over her face as Bella and the makeup artists walked up to her.

I wanted to talk to her but I decided to go check on Rory and Kat instead as Bella spoke to her first. Walking over to the two best friends that I hear so much about, I examine their relationship.

Kat was leaning on Rory's vanity and they were laughing at something, when Rory reached out and rubbed her belly. I heard this speech once about best friends and when I look at those two, I remembered this particular part: 

A friend is someone who is honest and you can trust. A friend is someone who you hang out with, and someone you rely on. Friendship is sacred and needs to be cherished with love, patience and understanding. Friendship is being there for someone when they need you. 

I look over my shoulder at Bethany as she talks with April. Bethany is my person, just like Kat is Rory's person and Lauren is Jocelyn's person.

"Hello ladies," I walk up to them pausing their conversation,

They both turned to me, their make up was beautiful and their smiles made them even more stunning.

"Oh, hey Coop. How are you?" Rory asked with the same smile on her face, 

"I've been good, how about you ladies? Rory it's your big day, are you excited?"

Her face turned red as she blushed at the thought of marrying Colton, "I've been waiting for this day my whole life."

"And now it's come true," Kat smiled down at Rory,

"What about you Kat? You look like your about to pop any second now," 

"Oh my gosh, I know. I just wish I could push right now just so the constant kicking would stop," she made a face at her belly, like the baby could actually see her,

"Have you decided to find out the gender yet?" I ask,

"Uh, no. Mike and I want it to be a surprise. So we are waiting until they are born,"

"That's going to be amazing. Do you have your names picked out?"

"Mhmm," she rubbed her belly, "for a girl we were thinking either Kaela or Kenzi and for a boy Kylo or Kash. I'm just happy it's just the one in here, carrying twins really put a toll on my body."

"Don't I know it, I had to carry three babies at once!" Iwe chuckled, "and those are such beautiful names you chose." I was about to say more when I noticed Joce walking by us towards the bathroom with her dress, "sorry to cut this short but I believe I should get dressed now."

They both agreed and that's when I made my move. I grab my dress cover bag and head straight for the same bathroom.

Once I entered the bathroom, I saw that Joce took over the handicap stall that gave her plenty of room to change. So I hung my dress on the back of another stall and stood in front of the large mirror that sat behind the sinks. 

"You know me and your brother tried the whole love thing and it just didn't work out." I say out loud. I heard her falter a bit so I kept talking, "Your brother, he checked off every box for me. He was kind, sweet, charming, very groomed, a gentleman, well educated, has a great sense of humor, and I mean he is the father of my children, so anyone would automatically think that we would get together." I began to reminisce on the year and a half that Jole and I spent together but I shook my head and quickly began speaking again, "like, o.m.g. he is, like, never late.. to anything! He even went out of his way to inspire and motivate me every chance he got."

I unzip the cover bag and reveal the dress. Whoa it was stunning. Granted we went and tried these on a month ago, but they are still just as stunning as that day.

Slipping my t-shirt off and shimmied out of my jeans, I take the dress off the hanger and slip my legs into the bottom of the dress and pulled it up until it sat on my hips. 

Standing in front of the mirror, in just my bra and the dress hanging from my waist, I begin talking again, "Jole is everything I have ever wanted in a guy and vice versa but we didn't take things slow." I sighed, "we thought that even though he's the triplet's father, that we could just jump in and start dating but the reality of it was that you can't just jump into a relationship just because it 'looks' good."

I had just slipped my arms into the straps of my dress when she opened the door. Her dress was like a halter top with some sort of ruffles around the neck. 

"We tried because people told us how cute it was that we found each other or how awesome it was that we reunited our little 'family'. We jumped into a relationship so fast because that's what everyone wanted of us but we should have known that that was not what we needed to do." I sighed and turned to face her, "The whole point I'm trying to make is that although they check off every box on our list doesn't mean they are your soulmate. I mean reality really fucking bites!"

She chuckled, "I can understand that."

"I know he's your brother and I shouldn't be talking about our past with you.."

"Ah! He is my twin brother buuuut, you can always share your problems with me and for the record our parents raised us well, so he better have treated you well."

"He did, but he wasn't used to being a parent and we collided in so my areas where it concerned our children. We fought constantly but it was always about the different parenting styles we both wanted to implement. Ugh! Just don't be too hard on yourself, you are doing the right thing."

Joce walked up to me and pulled me into a hug, "thank you Coop, you have always been the one to tell it like it is to anyone."

"No problem, now let's get out of this bathroom before they start having weird thoughts about why it's taking us so long in here,"

We both begin laughing as I swung my arm over her shoulder and she hooked hers around my waist and we exited the bathroom.