SURPRISE

Hello everyone.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has read my stories, and commented. It means so much!

I wanted to dedicate this long chapter to four of my readers who came to me with their ideas (which I love), so I used their ideas and came up with Jocelyn's happy ending that they wanted to see.

@sarabarun and @peachhug and @kitty101_

I also want to dedicate Jarrod's part to @sonakshiBansal

Comment, Vote and share!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jocelyn POV

"Mom, hurry up. He's going to be here soon!" I heard my daughter, Jaylen yell up the stairs,

"I'm coming," I say as I struggle to balance on one foot as I attempt to put my other shoe on.

He specifically asked us to wear jeans, a t-shirt and some sneakers. I was a bit curious on the dress code but with him everything is spontaneous, so we never knew what he had in store for us.

I toss my back pack over my shoulders and grabbed my sunglasses that were on my dresser by my door. I do a once over of my room to make sure I have everything I needed.

After my divorce, Lauren was kind enough to let us borrow her house for a few months and I am forever grateful for her. Funny thing is that I ended up buying the house from her, since the kids and I began to get comfortable and attached to the house and she sold to me at a lower price but on one condition. That one condition was that I attend at least one of her concerts every year and to say that was a fair deal, I took it. So now, two years later we are still here and happy as ever.

Heading down the stairs I heard his deep voice and my stomach fluttered as a small smile graced my face.

"Are you guys ready?" I heard him ask the children as I finally make it downstairs.

"Yes, are you finally going to tell us where we are going?" Jayden asked,

"It's a surprise but did you pack what I asked you to?" he said lowly and I watched as Jayden leaned closer and nodded his head while patting his own backpack, "good."

"So, is grandma Georgia going to be there?" Jaylen asked next,

He burst out laughing and I felt shivers go down my arm, "nice try Len. If I told you she wasn't going you would know the surprise. You are a very smart girl,"

"I know." Jaylen smiled up at him.

It's great to see smiles on my children's faces again. The first few months, after separating from their father, were really hard for them, going from house to house. They eventually told me they didn't want to go anymore and per our contract, Jarrod had to abide by their decision. They haven't seen their father in almost a year and a half.

Inserting myself into this little conversation, I ask my own question, "do I get to know the surprise?"

At the sound of my voice his eyes snap to mine and he smiled lovingly at me. I place my bag on the floor next to Jaylen's and walk over to him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I hung my arms around his neck, "now you know I definitely can't tell you."

I pout, "oh come on, I can keep a better secret than they can." I motion to the children who were in the kitchen grabbing a few drinks,

"Hey, we can keep secrets too!" Jayden shouted and we both chuckled at him,