18

When he woke up, his head was throbbing, his throat dry and scratchy, his lips felt chapped and his eyes tinged with hot red tears caused by the sudden sunlight that shone in his eyes. A vague, ambiguous memory of what happend last night, flashed before his eyes, the headache increasing as he tried to focus on the particular scene playing in his head, a blurry scene.

The most he remembered was staring into Ben's intense eyes, his gaze not faltering and felt his cheeks burning at the exact thought, his face turning pink and the hue spreading to his neck.

Wait a minute. . .Ben?! The Ben was here. Also, where the actual fuck was he?! He remembered when the guys were singing him happy birthday and everything after that is a completely blank page.

"Lucy." Joe called out as got out of the bed, his head pounding at the sudden movements and he hated it but he needed to find them. When he finally stabilized and took a few steps to away from the bed, he was greeted by a body length mirror and he truly did look like a mess. He stared at himself, looking distorted and dishelved, his hair a mess, pointing in all the direction.

As he further scanned himself, he noticed something unusual. A hickey. Right below his jaw, an angry red colour with purple at the edges. His eyes widened at that. That perked up his curiosity about what actually happened last night.

He cautiously looked around as he stepped out of the room and heard a shower running. He took a few steps towards the sound when suddenly it stopped and two seconds later, Joe heard the door open. It was right front of him and before he couldn't retract, a half-naked Ben with a towel wrapped around his hips, his hair wet with water dripping over his wet, shiny body, stepped out of the white door.

For a second, Joe was shocked and he may or may not must've checked Ben out, but he quickly composed himself and ran back to the room he had left before. A heard a deep chuckle from the said blond and his blush further darkened as his deep voice, and the embarrassment that followed.

He waited for about 10 more minutes and then walked out again, his brush in his hand, going to where he knew was the bathroom. He saw Ben in the kitchen, eating peanut better on bread, and when Joe passed by him, Ben extended his hand forward, silently asking Joe if he wanted some. Joe didn't spare him a glance and made his way towards the bathroom, subtly shaking his head, decling his offer.

"Does your head hurt? You were wasted last night. Need something?" Ben asked concerned, as he munched on the food in his hand.

"No thank you." Joe mumbled as he began brushing his teeth. He wanted to ask Benabout last night, he so badly wanted to know what happened but he couldn't bring himself to do so. He was too embarrassed at the thought of being drunk in front of Ben, doing something shitty that he will regret after asking Ben about it.

As he brushed, he kept looking at the hickey on the pale skin of his neck, very evident on the fair skin.  As he kept looking in the mirror, he saw Ben walk in the bathroom behind him and he quickly averted his eyes.

"Do you remember anything from last night?" Ben asked as he stared at Joe from the mirror and dragged his hand through his hair, making them a messy blond quiff.

He stayed quiet, not knowing how to answer the question and not knowing what secret will be revealed. Instead he settled on asking the blond about something else.

"How did I get this?" He mumbled as he kept on brushing his teeth, his index pointing at the hickey on his neck.

"I gave that to you." Ben said nonchalantly but Joe could clearly hear the shyness in his voice, still he choked on the toothpaste froth in his mouth. He should've seen it, what was he expecting anyways? That a wild mosquito bit him? Yeah, probably. He was most probably expecting that.

A delicate hand was placed on his back, that rubbed slow, soothing circles, making the brunet calm down and catch his breath. His cheeks were flushed yet again and he looked at Ben through the mirror as he spit out the froth, glaring at the blond who had a smug and a fond look in his eyes.

"What happened? And, do not try and lie to me." Joe said after he rinsed his mouth, still glaring at Ben. Ben nodded his head and walked out of the bathroom, glancing at Joe for the last time and walking out. Joe washed his face and tanned his hair a bit, making himself look presentable, at the least.

"You were drunk last night. Wasted. Rami and Gwil dropped you here and left." Ben said as he made his way to the kitchen.

"Assholes." Joe whispered as soon as Ben said that.

"Long story short, we got into a bit of a make out session and you fell asleep on me, in the middle of it." Ben said with no hesitancy, almost proud of himself for some reason but Joe on the other hand, was a flustered mess, his hands fumbling and his mind racing. He wanted to call Ben out on what he did, tell him that he took advantage of his state, of the situation but his mind was too fast to say all that. All he could think of was kissing Ben.

Also, the fact that he fell asleep in the middle of all that was equally as embarrassing as the thought of kissing Ben was fluttering. Yes he was mess, yes he wanted to shout at Ben, yes he wanted to hit the blond for doing so, for taking advantage but he also wanted to be held by the blond, to be kissed by him, to kiss him. The rational part his mind was also right, Joe wasn't dead, he was just drunk and of course he wanted, he could've stopped Ben from kissing him, but he didn't so he shouldn't be mad at Ben.

Hopefully he was right.

--

To make up for my mistakes. Love you guys.
🧡