20

He was surprised when Joe asked him that, surprised but highly not disappointed. He slowly raised his hand and took Joe's in his, his thumb caressing the skin in contact, as he looked at Joe, a crimson flush was evident on his features and his eyes averting towards the ground yet again, shy and embarrased at the same time. Ben gently grabbed Joe's chin with his free hand and made him look in the eyes, his eyes having a hesitant glint in them, wide in anticipation.

"Do you want it to be?" Ben asked softly, looking at Joe with a tenderness in his eyes, his hand soothing the the brunet to some extend.

"I don't know." Joe whispered, looking back down at the ground, now thoroughly embarrassed of himself. When Ben nudged the brunet's cheek with his knuckles, Joe looked back up and gave a small nod to the blond's questioning eyes.

"Then, it is a date." Ben stated and smiled at Joe, a warm smile making his smile back. Joe nodded with a grin of his own and was about move back to where he was cutting up the ingredients when Ben stopped him.

"Don't want you to hurt yourself again. Leave it. I'll do it on my own."

"But-"

"No buts, I'll do it. I know you are sleepy. I woke you up early, didn't I? Go sleep if you want. I'll wake you up once I'm done and ready to eat." Ben said and slowly guided Joe back to the room where he was sleeping earlier. Joe didn't know how Ben understood that he was sleepy but he wasn't complaining because staying up till 3 and waking up at 9 wasn't very ideal. He would prefer to sleep till 12 of he was allowed and he wouldn't let this chance go.

When he went back into the room, tightly shutting all the curtains, he plopped on the bed and yawned like a little baby. He had no idea, Ben was watching him and silently chuckling to himself at Joe's cute antics.

--

When Ben was done with cooking, enjoying the song that randomly played on spotify, he heard a thud come from Joe's room. He walked over to the door to inspect the noise, only to burst out laughing because a body was lying on the floor, still sleep induced but on the floor nonetheless.

His limbs flailed around, starfishing on the ground with one of his leg still on the end, with fond look he shook his head and walked over to the shorter and slid his hands around his waist and under his knees, picking him up without much effort. As an instinct, even in his sleep, Joe held Ben, sluggishly wrapping his arms around his neck. Ben finally placed him over the bed again and gently removed his hands, letting the brunet rest for some more time before he would wake him up to eat.

--

It was finally the evening and surprisingly, Joe was more excited than nervous, maybe he knew that no matter how the date ended up being, at the end of the day, they would still remain good friends if not anything else. He hoped to be more that just great friends but Ben didn't have to know that.

Ben had paid for a private room and it was small but enough for the both of them, just enough to be comfortable and maybe a little close to each other too. He had to remember to be the one to pay and plan the next date, well of they had a next date, he would do all that.

Anyway, Ben was already sat in the hall, ready for their date and Joe didn't think he had something good enough to wear which would feel right and impress Ben. He really didn't have anything appropriate to wear and was taking a lot of time which actually concerned Ben. The blond hoped that Joe wasn't planning on cancelling the date.

When the brunet finally walked out, Ben let out a sigh of relief and took a brief moment to look the shorter from his head to his toes, checking him out shamelessly. His cheeks flushed a faint pink when Joe cleared his throat, grabbing the blond's attention away from his body, up to his eyes, their eyes meeting in a gentle agreement that they both were satisfied with what the other was wearing. Ben really loved how Joe could just wear a simple plain white tee and make it look well enough for a casual but also very date appropriate.

Joe also really liked Ben's look in a sweater, or a jumper if you will, tucked neatly in beige pants, a belt around his hips that completed the look. He looked so cuddly, that Joe would rather stay here with Ben and snuggle him till the morning. He wished that their date would rather be staying at the cabin cuddled up and stuffing their mouth with homemade pizza that thu both made but he also really and to go to the karaoke.

"Ready?" Ben asked gently, breaking the calm silence and getting up from the couch, walking towards the brunet, taking his hand in his own and slowly intertwining their fingers, looking at Joe with a small smile, silently asking for approval. Joe looked at Ben and then squeezed their hands together, approving of his choice to hold hands.

They walked out to Ben's car and sat in their respective seats, because as matter of fact, the blond would be the one to drive the car.

The windows were open and when they started driving, the soft and cool breeze hit their faces perfectly. Their cabin was a bit secluded from the town and surrounded by trees so every night they would get a good opportunity to snuggle in with their blankets and now as they were driving, Joe really wished he would've wore something more warm because the wind wasn't helping whatsoever. But he'd get through it.