cute

*** ⚠️ not promoting anything illegal. please don't do drugs or drink drive.

It was another night, driving over eighty miles an hour in Tyler's car with his friends, Craig and Anthony. The eighty miles an hour was another thing (John had experienced this many times, he'd had blackouts because of it trying to fill time gaps because Tyler had a habit of doing this on nights out). Anthony and Tyler were screaming their heads off to something John couldn't really make the words out of because he kept seeing black and fuzzy bits everywhere. Everyone in the car was pretty drunk, there was no denying that.

Okay, I pull up, hop out at the after party
You and all your friends, yeah, they love to get naughty

It wasn't that old, it wasn't that new. John couldn't remember the song title and in all honesty, it didn't really bother him. He was just glad to experience a night out that he could remember some details of. The wind was picking up his hair, he'd pinched something he had his eye on in Jaren's closet, and he was ready to go.

Tyler pulled up drunkenly outside wherever the party was, but got out of the car surprisingly fine. (Later that night he would discover he had a flat tire, which he would reply with a loud, obnoxious YOLO to). Immediately, Craig was sick all over the pavement and Anthony had to hold his hair back (before quickly realising that Craig didn't have any hair because he shaved it all off). Somehow, Craig recovered quite quickly and they made their way inside.

John thanked God he'd managed to sneak away from Jaren for some time alone. Plus, he would be embarrassed if he ever saw him like this.

It was meant to be a small kind of party a mutual friend was hosting, but when they got inside they realised it was a lot bigger. After some more binge drinking and being very stupid with his friends, he felt the most relaxed he'd been in ages.

And then came the cancer.

Jaren walked through the door, looking all cool and very Jaren-like with his baggy black trousers with shiny silver chains, reflective Doc Martens, a two tone sweater. His hair was a mess, but as usual, only Jaren could get away with it. He had impact, to say the least. People stopped and stared as he walked in. John just rolled his eyes. Fucking hypebeast emo fucking eboy piece of shit-

As soon as his friends noticed what they believed to be his love interest, John one, two, three stepped out of the situation by pretending as if he didn't see him. Unfortunately for him, being drunk didn't give him the power to disappear. Jaren noticed him straight away and made a beeline for him.

At that, John almost fell over. Jaren stabilised him for a moment and took his shot from him, downing it. The American complained about him being underage or some rubbish, though it came out in drunken nonsense.

"You thought you could get away from me, huh?"

Of course, it had to be Jaren's confidence that made John sober in the space of a few seconds. His friends watched in awe.

"Jar-"

Without his consent, the Canadian took his hand and led him through a crowd of dancing, drunk/high disorderly people before he could find somewhere they could stand without anyone interrupting their dialogue.

"Wanna get out of here?" Jaren asked him, and John had a feeling he was going to agree no matter how hard he resisted.

"Fuck yeah," John answered, licking his lips.

With a smirk, Jaren led him away from the noise of the party, from the blur and haze and anxiety it normally was for John. The American was stumbling about all over the place, but managed to keep up accordingly.