do nothing

"That's how I was raised, all I know
That's how I was raised, all I know"

Trippie Redd, - How I was Raised
—  —
look at my announcements in case there's a change to the days or times I publish my chapters :)

expect updates every Wednesday evening and Saturday evening (british time)

thanks for those of you voting 🥺 I like to think this krii7y fic is the gem of my writing yet to be discovered ❤️
— —

Jaren sat in his car feeling uneasy as his parents pulled up on the drive. They greeted him with waves before hurrying on inside. They were always busy, but that didn't really make a difference to him. He was waiting for someone.

He heard the click of a door and the sound of someone sitting in the passenger seat. A scrawny pale faced boy in his chemistry class by the name of Ezra. A friendship he regretted.

"Risky. You know your parents don't like me," Ezra mentioned sternly, feeling like the whole meet up was a bad idea.

As if he could see into the future, Jaren's mom opened the front door, The two boys exchanged nervous glances. As soon as his mom started walking towards the stationary car, Ezra ducked down. Jaren gestured for his mom not to get any closer. She came to a halt and crossed her arms.

"Are you hiding a girl in there?" his mom assumed, taking a step closer.

Nervously, Jaren shook his head. He heard the faint sound of laughter coming from the left of him, as for some reason Ezra couldn't control himself. The Canadian gave him a dirty look that meant shut up.

"They don't know you're gay? Surprised really," Ezra commented unnecessarily.

And, as a matter of fact, Jaren hadn't told anyone about his sexuality because he had never felt the need to. He thought people would already assume by his clothes and how he carried himself.

"If she's giving you head, you better not be fucking up those leather seats!" his mom shouted, and all the neighbours that were getting on with their day could hear her.

Out of embarrassment, Jaren put a hand over his mouth and a loud thump could be heard as Ezra hit his head off the glove compartment, cursing away. He shuffled his way back to sitting on the passenger seat normally again, amused at the situation.

Somehow, Ezra managed to style it out with his big hair and his cross earrings, biting down on his lip and leaning closer to Jaren. Confused, Jaren wondered what was happening because all of a sudden he got a weird feeling.

"You know, if you wanted to give me head, I could look past the whole gay thing," Ezra unoffered, or let him know.

"Gonna assume you're joking," Jaren replied with an uncomfortable smile.

Ezra just shrugged, but they weren't meeting to talk about that. To move past the awkwardness, Jaren cleared his throat. Nobody spoke, so Jaren took it upon himself to move past the situation so they could both breathe.

"I feel karma's coming, Ez."

Maybe he was unbothered about the situation, because he made himself comfortable in his seat, resting his head against the headrest.

"That bitch only comes for you when you've done something wrong. And we didn't mean to, did we?"

Anxiously, Jaren gulped and thought about it for a moment. Then, he nodded because he didn't want to challenge him. Jaren didn't have the energy and Ezra would have all the answers and deflections, no matter what he said or did. Jaren put his keys in the car and got it into first gear before backing out of the drive.