Chapter 23-Why me?

Niall got out of the hospital very quickly, we were so glad to have him back. Louis drove us to Niall's house, and Niall brought me up to his room. I sat on his bed and looked at the walls; he had tons of singing awards and other ribbons and stuff and a lot of fan art-they really did love their fans! Niall put his arm around me, writing something on the whiteboard. The hospital let him keep it.

"Hey love, I had a surprise for you...it probably won't work out now tho :(" he wrote.

"Aww, babe, what was it?" I was sad, I love surprises!

"Well, we came in third on the X Factor." he wrote and frowned.

"Babe, that's still really amazing! You didn't have to win, as long as you do what you love to do." I was really proud of them, they've come so far!

"That's not all. Even though we didnt win, Simon signed us with Syco records, and we were going to go on tour for a few months, well, starting in march." he wrote, and I looked up at him. He was tearing up a little bit. He wasn't able to start living his dream because of something I caused...oh my god, I'm such a horrible person!

"Oh my god Niall, I am so, so, so sorry! I'm preventing you from chasing your dreams, I'm such an awful person!" I was starting to cry now, Niall was already crying softly. I wrapped him in a huge hug and kissed him, carefully avoiding his jaw. It was swollen and bruised, I felt so bad! I was ruining his life! I lay him down on his bed and kissed him, wrapping one arm around his waist, running the other through his hair. I pulled away and brushed the tears off his face, I was the worst girlfriend ever! He was writing something on his whiteboard, still crying a little bit.

"I asked the boys if you could replace me." he wrote.

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!" I exclaimed, and Niall smiled nervously. He started writing again, and I processed this for a while. Me, singing with one direction, in front of millions of people? Sure I sang when I was younger, quite well actually, but I hadn't sung in ages.

"The boys want to hear you, I told them I'd talk to you about it. Will you do it?" he wrote, and looked at me hopefully.

"I'll sing for them, but I have to think still about touring. It makes me nervous, what if they hate me?"

"They won't hate you. And if they do, just throw a punch, you seem pretty good at it :)" he writes, and I laugh. I wish he could laugh, at least without hurting himself. He is so good at cheering me up, it's like magic. He takes me downstairs and the boys are about to start a game of truth or dare. We stopped them before anything bad could happen.

"So, I hear you sing?" Zayn's girlfriend says, I think her name was Hannah. She had brown hair and braces, and was very pretty.

"Well, ya, sort of..." I trailed off.

"Well, let's have a concert then!" Louis exclaims excitedly, and I laugh. They all looked at me expectantly. I took a deep breath, and begin to sing.

"White lips, pale face

Breathing in snowflakes

Burnt lungs, sour taste

Light's gone, day's end

Struggling to pay rent

Long nights, strange men

And they say

She's in the Class A Team

Stuck in her daydream

Been this way since 18

But lately her face seems

Slowly sinking, wasting

Crumbling like pastries