Chapter 8-Why me?

A/N guys, I made another story called random authors notes and stuff (or something I forget already lol) that u guys should add cuz it'll have info on updates and stuff or contests and that kinda thing, so u should add it to ur library. Get it on mah profile.

Anyway here's chappie #7!

Chapter 7

The next days I spent taking short walks around my room, talking to Stephanie and Niall, receiving gift baskets and sleeping. They said I would have to spend one more week in the hospital to make sure my vein was ok before they would let me go. Stephanie was staying at Niall's house for the time being and they were becoming great friends. They were coming to visit me today. I got dressed in the clothes they brought me the last time they visited and I took a short walk. I had to lie down after a while, I was feeling dizzy. I fell asleep. When I woke up, Niall was standing over me with a concerned face. He looked worried, and I felt bad.

"Are you ok?" Niall asked, scared.

"Yeah Niall, I just fell asleep. I'm fine." I replied, and a wave of relief flushed through his face. He was wearing a cream white tank top with red shorts. It looked great on him; it really showed his biceps. Not that I was staring or anything, because I TOTALLY wasn't. He sat at the chair to the right of my bed. He grabbed my hand and squeezed it, and I felt a shudder run through my whole body. He made my feel so...happy. Like my life was complete, now that he was in it. He looked like he wanted to say something, so I looked at him and smiled.

"You're beautiful," he whispered and smiled, taking my other hand into both of his.

"No I'm not. I still don't know why you chose me, when you could have any girl in the world." I replied, and his smile melted right off his face .

"Yes you are. I hate it when you do this. So Allie, as soon as you get out of here, I'm taking you out for a night you'll never forget." he smiled and kissed my hand. "I love you Allison."

"I love you too." I said happily and he left.

I spent the next week getting tested and taking medications and hearing instructions about what I can and can't do for a while. I was so relieved when they told me I could go home. Stephanie and Niall came in laughing and brought me my clothes. I went and changed in my little bathroom and felt little tickly feelings in my pants. I shrugged it off and grabbed the doorknob, when I realized that could be why they were laughing. I slowly pulled the waistband of my pants out a bit to see spiders, all over my legs. I shrieked and heard Niall and Stephanie's uproarious laughter from outside. I was going to kill them later! I rolled around trying to kill all the foul things in my pants (no, you dirty minded people, that's not what I mean). I ripped my pants from my legs and ran out, towards Niall and my sister. They were holding their guts in laughing, but when they saw my legs they stopped immediately. They were staring at my thigh, when I remembered. I didn't have pants on! She saw my scars! Stephanie knew about my scars...oh no. I ran back into the bathroom and started to cry. I heard a light knock and heard Stephanie's voice.

"Allison? Allison, could I please come in?" she called softly and I unlocked the door. She walked in and saw me crying. She came and gave me a big hug.

"Allie, what were those scars?" she asked in a curious tone. I decided to tell her, she was old enough now.

"Well, some nights when dad and mom came home late after drinking, when you were asleep, they would...well, they would punch me or kick me, or...cut me. Like they did to you that night. I always took it for you because I didn't want you to have to go through that, but I got home later on my birthday and I was too late to save you. That was from one time that dad did that to me, with a...a nail..." I was crying, and when I looked up at Stephanie, I saw she had a tear on her cheek. This must be hard for her, because she didn't know this was going on and she loved mom and dad.

"You took all that...that pain and suffering, for me?" she asked, and I nodded.

She started bawling and I held her while she sobbed and her body shook. I thought Niall left but I saw him at the door, looking at me and my sister, sympathy visible on his face. She slowly stopped shaking and her sobs became tears and she redeemed herself. We left the hospital and went to Niall's house. Stephanie and I were sleeping in both of the guest rooms, and while I was in the hospital I guess they busied themselves moving all our stuff into this room, and arranging it. All my clothes were put in the drawers, all the knickknacks aligned neatly on shelves. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the soft, feathery pillow, and I realized how truly lucky I am.

A/N aw, Steph :) anyway these chapters seem really long when I'm writing them and then they come out this short and crappy...it saddens me :( haha g'nite y'all

Lol,  

Allie xxx