Part 10

Mallika offered to get the door while Sumedh got started on the chapatis. She made her way to the door and opened it- to find Basant standing there. He was staring wide eyed, clearly surprised to see Mallika at Sumedh's house--in his clothes.

"Who is it Miku?" Sumedh asked from the kitchen.

"Dau," Mallika replied.

"Wha--" Dau started. But saw Sumedh jumping in the back, putting a finger on his lip, intending to not ask any questions.

Mallika stepped aside to let Basant in. "You're just in time Dau. We made some breakfast. Why don't you join us?"

"Okay! Okay!" he exclaimed, forgetting the situation at the sound of food.

*After 10 minutes*

Sumedh brings out the food. Everyone gathers at the dining table.

*A Good Brunch Later*

"Mallika...all that food was sooo good!" Basant exclaimed while patting his stomach.

"Agreed" Sumedh smiled and said.

"Thank you! Oh! But wait! We are late for the shoot!!!" Mallika panicked. Sumedh started to get concerned as well. But Dau just smiled.

"That's what I came to tell you guys, well Sumedh at least, until I realized-- [Sumedh gave him a look], ok nevermind that. I came over to hang out and tell you that the shoot got cancelled today because there was a last minute change. I was going to tell you on the phone, but someone wouldn't even pick up!" Basant gave Sumedh a look. Sumedh and Mallika both blushed.

"Oh sorry Dau, um...I didn't check my phone today..." Sumedh started and then suddenly changed his funny voice. "But Dau, you came...and told us...and even got rewarded with some delicious food...your purpose is served! So it's time for you to go now." Sumedh started pushing him towards the door.

"Wait!...Kanha...you little...." Basant yelled as he approached the door. "Okay! Okay! I'll leave on my own [he lowered his voice to say the next part]. I'll let you lovebirds have some fun...and resume whatever you were doing before." Basant smirked while Sumedh shoved him even harder.

*After Basant left*

Sumedh and Mallika were sitting on the sofa, clearly bored. The time was around 9 am.

"Hey! I have an idea!"

Why don't we go to the mall?" Sumedh asked. Mallika was suddenly interested and smiled real big.

"Yes! Yes! Let's go! But we need to stop by my house first so I can change my clothes."

"Alright! We got a plan!" Sumedh went and changed to a nice forest green button up t-shirt with white ripped jeans. Oh my gosh...he looks so handsome in this outfit! ) Mallika thought inside her head. 

He grabbed a white bandana with black patterns to cover up his face. Mallika grabbed all her belongings and they both headed towards his car. Once they got in the car they went to Mallika's house.

*A Little While Later*

Sumedh stopped in front of Mallika's apartment and decided to come with her to the door this time. They both went up the elevator and approached her door.

"Okay, I'll wait out here and you can carry on." Sumedh said.

"What are you, some watchman!? Come inside! This is my demand." Mallika stated humorously.

"Okay! Okay! I'm coming!"

"Wait!..." Mallika shouted and Sumedh stopped. "Are you not going to enter right foot first also?" she teased. Sumedh rolled his eyes.

"Jeez, you don't need to make fun of me...I'm kinda traditional okay! Besides, I was going right foot first anyway." They both burst out laughing.

"Okay you wait in the living room, I'll change and come!" And with that Mallika left into the bedroom.

When Mallika was in her room, she scrambled into a bunch of thoughts. Okay, first off, I'm keeping the clothes he gave me. The only belonging I have of his. He doesn't seem to care about it anyways. Second of all, WHAT DO I WEAR? Western or traditional? Over the top or causal? Straightened hair or curled? Omg a lot of decisions to make! Hmmm...I think I got the perfect idea! 

~~~

After 20 minutes, Mallika came out of the room. Sumedh was fake sleeping, crossing two arms, on the couch to annoy her on how long she took. Mallika walked up and smacked him with a pillow.

"OW?!.......wow." he whispered. Mallika was wearing a simple long cotton kurta, it was light green in color similar to Sumedh's shirt. She was wearing white leggings below and had a white scarf in her hands to cover her face. Her hair was in beautiful curls that complimented her face perfectly. She looks like a literal goddess even with such a simple outfit. Now there is definitely no complaining that she took so long. Sumedh thought to himself.

"See! We are matching now...for the most part." Mallika said excitedly.

"I see that very well!" he replied with his eyes sparkling

They both made their way to the car and got to the mall. As they were enjoying their day, talking to each other, Mallika decided to go try on a nice lavender colored dress. As she came out to get Sumedh's opinion, there were some guys who were shopping right outside the changing room. Mallika looked around for Sumedh but he was a pretty far distance away, looking at mens clothes. She didn't know if she should call out to him, as she didn't want to make a scene. She decided to go back and take a picture instead. As she turned around to go back in, the men had noticed her.

They called out to her, "Ay pretty girl. Ya you there. You look super hot in that dress."

Mallika turned back around, angry. "Hey you. Yes you. Shut up and mind your own business - you understand?"

They began to advance toward her - but she held her ground. But they didn't give up.

"Jitni thikhi tu hain, utna hi thikhi teri ye zubaan hai. Thoda hume bhi chakana zara. (As much as you are hot, your mouth is as hot . Let us have a taste of it.)"

"Hey watch your mouth. Nikal jao idhar se chup chap, warna thik nahi hoga. (Hey watch your mouth. Get out of here silently, or else things won't be good.)," Mallika warned. She turned around to head back to her changing room. As she got inside and went to shut the door, suddenly they appeared in front of her - stopping her from closing the door. "Are itn bhi jaldi kya hain. (Aree what's the rush.).

Mallika started to get worried from all the men surrounding her and she wanted to call out to Sumedh - but he was too far away. "Look. I'm giving all of you my last warning. Get out of here - NOW!" She tried to close the door one more time, but the men were not taking any of it. They began to advance even further into the changing room....