Part 34

Sumedh and Mallika were both trying to think of ways to ask each other out.

Mallika, will you go out with me? No that's so straightforward.

Sumedh, do you want to spend Sunday with me? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING MALLIKA!

Mallika, could you pretty please spare me an hour of your time? I'm her boyfriend, not some beggar.

Sumedh, would you like to spend some of your leisure time with me on Sunday? Ummm, he's my boyfriend, not some businessman.

Oh god...how am I supposed to do this? They both thought. Both were very anxious. Why am I so nervous? they both thought. Like this they spent the whole day, avoiding each other in the worry that if they came face to face, they would blurt out something weird.

~~End of Shoot~~

Sumedh and Mallika were making their way to their cars. Sumedh reached his car to find that Mallika was already there, loading her shooting bag into the back of her car. She looked up to see Sumedh there. "Oh sorry. I'm blocking your way." She quickly closed her car door and stood to the side.

"No no, you're fine." Sumedh quickly added. They both stood there awkwardly, not sure how to initiate the conversation. Here goes nothing the both of them thought.

"Will you go out with me?" they blurted out at the same time. Both of them stood there in shock.

"Yes!" they both said, again at the same time. Sumedh and Mallika started laughing. After a minute, they both calmed down. "Sooo I was thinking Sunday morning?" Mallika started.

"7 am?" Sumedh added. They both looked at each other and nodded. How were we both thinking the same thing?! Crazy!

Later that day, Mallika and Mira went to the location where Mallika was going to propose: the waterfall in the woods where their love story first started. "Mallika, this is the best idea ever. Proposing where your guys' love story first started!!!"

"Aree aree will you stop being so hyper. Calm down!" Mallika remarked, chuckling. They were in the car with all of the supplies for the proposal. "Once we get there, we have to work fast. It's going to be dark soon."

Soon, they got there and hurriedly began unloading all of their supplies. As they made their trek down to the waterfall through the woods, what they saw left them in shock! Another table was already there!

"Huh? What is this other table here?" Mira retorted, walking faster to see what was up. When the two of them reached, they saw proposal items. "Hahaha look at that. Someone else is also proposing!" Mallika said. With that, the two of them continued to set up their stuff. After half an hour, they were done. "Ok perfect!"

As they were making their way back up to their car, Mira was thinking out loud. "I wonder who that other person was that set their table there?"

"Hmm me too. You know what, we could ask that dude over there with the pani puri cart. He could have maybe seen who it was."

They walked up to the man. "Hello. Kitni plate pani puri? (How many plate pani puri?)"

"Humko kuch nahi chahiye. Par Bhaiya aap hume bata sakte hai ki aapne kisi ko wahan se niche jate hua dekha? (We don't want anything right now...but Bhaiya can you tell us if you saw someone go into the wood over there)?" Mallika asked, pointing to where they had just come from.

"(Ek nahi Madam. Do. Do aadmi aaye the or kuch saman unke sath le gaye. (Not one person Madam. Two. Two men came and took some stuff into the woods.)"

"Ji, shukriya Bhaiya (Ok, thank you Bhaiya.)" With that, the both of them left, wondering who those people were.

~~

Basant was dropping Sumedh at his house. "Yaar I really hope she likes it," Sumedh expressed, clearly anxious.

"Likes it? She's gonna love it!" Basant encouraged. Sumedh still looked skeptical. Basant, noticing this, added, "Look Sumedh. She loves you. If you propose to her with all your heart, she will surely say yes. Afterwards, when you look back at this memory of yours, you're not going to remember the flowers, the table, the ring. You're just going to remember her and your guys' emotions." This seemed to help Sumedh.

"Plus, you picked the spot where you guys first started your whole love story: that waterfall in the woods. I'm sure that place will bring back so many beautiful memories."

Soon enough, they reached Sumedh's apartment complex. "Ok then. Here it is. And remember to get a good night's sleep. Don't be awake all night thinking of all the things that could go wrong.

"I wasn't going to think of that stuff," Sumedh replied back.

"Uhuh. Yep. Totally weren't gonna think of that," Basant added sarcastically.

What are your guys' thoughts? Let us know in the comments below! 

Comment, vote, and follow!