chapter three

"I'm so excited about this aren't you?" I asked Newt as I glanced out my review mirror. There I saw the gravel fly up behind the truck's rear tiers.

"Sure I guess. I know we will have some fun" Newt shot me a wink causing me to giggle slightly.

"What ever is in your mind cowboy you might want to wip that idea out for I'm not given you anything." I wiggled a finger at him before sitting cross legged on the seat.

We both sent each other a smile before we looked back out the window. The county line was now in the distance. We were on our way to North Carolina. I glanced over at Newt who continued to look straight ahead.

"What?" He asked as he glanced at me through the corner of my eyes. 

"I'm afraid to touch your radio. Are you going to hit me if I turn it on?" I asked shyly as I glanced between the driver and the radio.

He gave a deep chuckle before he reached over to the radio. He's fingers cranked up the music. Garth Brooks I got friends in low places comes though the radio. I started to sing along and Newt joined in with me. This is why I love this crazy boy.

"I got friends in low places" we song in harmony.

As the song went on our voices got louder. This was going to be a fine trip.

**********

"I'm going to stop here for some diesel" Newt stated after driving for 5 hours straight. He turned into Speed Q.

"That's fine" I answered flatly as I starred down at my book. The Longest Ride by: Nicolas Sparks.

"Why do you read that?" I looked up at Newt as he leaned through his rolled down window.

"Because I'm a hopeless girl who will never find love?" I chuckled as Newt frowned a me. I shrugged my shoulders before speaking up again.

"Lets just fill up and go" shooting out of the truck I reached for the window washer. 

This is how we worked. One will wash windows and the other one will pump diesel. I picked up the sponge with window cleaner dripping from it. I started with the passenger side window and worked my way around the vehicle. When the diesel was finished filling up and the windows were washed me and Newt headed into the gas station.

"I'm going to the bathroom" I called to Newt as I already started towards the back of the building.

"Yeah, when your done I have to too"

"Alright" I turned down a hallway and entered the right bathroom.

When I finish Newt went in. I pulled out two bucks that I had put in my pocket from my wallet. I walked over to the drink fridge. Picking out my favorite sweet tea. Arizona southern style tea. Newt walked up besides me as I reached in and grabbed my tea.

"You always pick the same drink" he pointed out. I looked up to see him smiling down at me as he reached for a green tea.

"Well when you find something good and wets your whistle then why change it?" I said with a shrug of my shoulders.

He gave a deep chuckle as I walked back to the counter to pay for the tea. When I was done I waited outside by the truck since Newt decided to lock the damn thing. watching him walk out I motioned to the truck with a head nod making him shake his head with an amused smile.

When we got in the truck Newt turned on the radio. I didn't protest because I knew conversation would still have to dragged out in three days, and it's only one day in. Plus I knew traveling with friends sometimes shows people's true colors. Hopefully both of us would survive this trip.